[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Sending messages, help! - Carers UK Forum

Sending messages, help!

Includes forum rules and technical help.
Hi, my messages keep sitting in my outbox even though it says it was sent. When I go to the sent box it hasn't been sent. Can anybody shed any light on this? I have tried opening the message in the outbox and resending it, still nothing. BowlingBun if you are reading this I tried to send you one this morning, did you get it?
Bracken - I hit this problem when I first joined, BUT, the secret seems to be that they STAY in your outbox UNTIL the person you've sent it to opens it!

Seems a bit weird to me, but there you go!

Annoyingly, I've still got an outgoing mail stuck in my outbox as the person I mailed left the forum without opening it!
Yes Bracken, like Jenny says messages stay in your outbox until the recipient opens them, then they are transferred to your sent box.

Jenny - if a message has outstayed it's welcome in your outbox you can delete it by opening your 'outbox'. Click on the check box at the right hand side of the message you want to delete; then click on the drop down menu that starts 'Mark/unmark as important' - choose 'delete marked' and click on 'go'
Lol I see!!!!! It never occurred to me it would do that. Thanks.
Susie - thank you, I'll do that!

Glad you've cracked it, Bracken. I agree it's an unusual format, but simple once you know how! :)