[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Re: What's happened? - Carers UK Forum

Re: What's happened?

Includes forum rules and technical help.
Sorry, computer useless here AGAIN.
If I highlight a word/phrase to be Boldened, using the B or Underlined etc OR if I change the font size to Large etc ....... it doesn't do it. Just appears in my posting as the 'code' or whatever you call it, before and after the word/phrase I'm trying to change.
I've given up, cos I keep editing and deleting the 'code thingies' in my postings, cos it doesn't work.

What am I doing wrong now?
What browser are you using Firefox, IE, Chrome ... something else? Some browsers don't let you use "highlighters"

Other than that, I've not got a clue as I can't find anything relevant in USER CONTROL PANEL

Fran, you need to change your settings in User Control Panel - you've disabled your "BBCode" and "Smilies" - if you enable them, they'll be sorted.

Go into User Control Panel, then "Board Preferences" followed by "Edit posting defaults." Click on "Yes" for "enable smilies by default" and "enable BBCode by default."
Thank you, Charles, but it just comes out like this.
And I have no idea what a BB code is.

What a pillock I am. It's not important, I can live without these computer 'things'.
hang on
does this work

Yes, so Charles is probably right. Must admit I wouldnt have known. You learn something every day here.
Thank you, Charles, but it just comes out like this.
And I have no idea what a BB code is.

What a pillock I am. It's not important, I can live without these computer 'things'.
Ok Fran - my settings allow BBCode so copying your text in a quote shows what it should look like.

If you go through the steps I've suggested it should sort itself out, it isn't difficult to do. I can alter your posts as a mod but not your settings: which means that if you post something new, you can do this too:

When you're typing in a new text, you'll see below the text box the three "save draft," "Preview," and "Submit" buttons. Below those is a tab on the left marked "options". You'll see the top two boxes show ticks in. Click on them to get rid of the ticks. "BBCode" is a standard system on the internet for formatting text.

This will clear the problem on individual messages, but changing your settings the way I described will clear the problem without needing to change each message. Image

As an alternative, I don't know if Matt or Lucy can help? You could try a PM?
OK
Let's have a try at that
Oh YAY, thanks, Charles. Image Image
Nice to get a result! Image