[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
mailbox full - Carers UK Forum

mailbox full

Includes forum rules and technical help.
I've had a message to say my PM mailbox was full. I deleted 50 so there should be plenty of room, but it keeps saying "release sll messges"but doesn't say how?!
go to your pm's then click on "rules, folders & settings" in the left hand menu

click on "delete oldest messages" and click "change"

This will automatically delete the oldest message when a new one is received if your inbox is full.

(my pm file has never filled up so have never had to 'release all messages' - so I'll ask Admin for advice !!)
Hi Bowlingbun,

This isn't something I've come across before, so do bear with me!

I have a feeling the word "release" might be a link, so you can click it and it will solve the issue. Can you give that a try - click on the "release all messages" wording to see if that releases them?

And Sue has given some great advice about updating your settings so the oldest messages are automatically deleted if your inbox is full. :)
Thanks. This is the message I've received, copied and pasted here. I don't know what an "on-hold" message is, or what it means about sorting.

You have 1 private message currently on hold because of full folder.
Release all on-hold messages… they will be re-sorted into the appropriate folder if enough space is made available.

I had 200 PM's (must clear them in future) but have now deleted 50, so there should be plenty of space now.
Hi BowlingBun,

I think because your mailbox was full, a new message was put 'on hold' (ie not delivered). Now you've cleared some space, you need to release the 'on hold' message.

I think if you hover over the word 'release' on the message you're seeing, it should be a link - ie you can click it and it will release the message.

Let me know if it works - I don't think I've ever had this issue before!
Many thanks. Hovering worked, I can now read my PM's.