How to add a photo to your post

Includes forum rules and technical help.
Just testing.
Nope, still doesn't re-size a photo.
Sorry, guys can't do this, I give up. And don't know how to change the photo size on the computer or camera either, yet, Susie.

I'm really really sad now.
Hi everyone

I'm so so sorry not to have responded before now, I had missed these replies completely. I'll have a look into it to see if I can work out what's going on with the auto resizing - perhaps I have misunderstood it. If I can't get it working I'll come up with a guide to resizing.

Back soon...

Chris
Okay...I've changed a setting and I'm hoping it might have solved the problem! Could someone try again and let me know how you get on?

Thanks
Chris
it worked ,many thanks christine .
no Chris won't do it for me Image

Seems some can and some can't Image
It might be that it's because when you load the photo it doesn't just submit the post - you have to do that again, like with PMs.

The only difference is that when you first submit the picture, the filename shows - and then you submit the post. But if you don't spot the filename (it isn't very prominent) you might think it hasn't been accepted?
I preview first, it shows the picture then.
It might be that it's because when you load the photo it doesn't just submit the post - you have to do that again, like with PMs.

The only difference is that when you first submit the picture, the filename shows - and then you submit the post. But if you don't spot the filename (it isn't very prominent) you might think it hasn't been accepted?

If the system has accepted the photo then after clicking on 'add the file' you get a further instruction head 'Posted Attachments' one of which is 'place inline'; clicking on this places the file reference in the body of the message and you can submit your post.

If I try to load a photo that is too big it just tells me the file is too big, doesn't display the filename - and doesn't display the next set of instructions. I don't have a problem if I resize the photo first.
Strange. Wonder why some can and others can't? Could it be down to the browser being used?

I'm using IE9. No problems with photos.
I'm on IE8.