How to add a photo to your post

Includes forum rules and technical help.
Underneath the box where you type in your post there are 3 tabs, click on the Upload attachment tab.

You can add photos that are stored on your computer by clicking on Browse and looking through the files on your computer. Once you have chosen the photo you would like to post click on Add the file.

The maximum file size allowed for upload is 256KB but if you try to upload a photo larger than this it will be resized automatically.
mmmmm wot now...

Post a reply
The file is too big, maximum allowed size is 256 KiB.

Subject: Font colour:

Tiny Small Normal Large Huge
tried again ,same result,sad face
I'm getting the same thing, so there is a problem with the auto resizing. I know they are more than 256kb.
And I it works with files less than 256K.
Mine didn't automatically re-size either, so I had to get Sprinter to add them for me.
JohnRJ also tried to resize his using photobucket, but again it didn't work, so summats up for sure. Image
Would anyone like a 'How To' for using Photobucket to load photos onto the forum?

I haven't done it yet, but I can include things like setting up, and using, the photobucket account if required.
Cor not arf Sprinter!! Image It would be a great help for dimbo's like me, who struggle with all this clever computer stuff.

Cheers mate, Pete.
Underneath the box where you type in your post there are 3 tabs, click on the Upload attachment tab.

You can add photos that are stored on your computer by clicking on Browse and looking through the files on your computer. Once you have chosen the photo you would like to post click on Add the file.

The maximum file size allowed for upload is 256KB but if you try to upload a photo larger than this it will be resized automatically.
hi, i have tried to do that but the photos are not being resized automatically
help.
Just tried to post some photos of 5.something MB.
Always comes up 'file size too big', doesn't re-size the pics like you said, Christine.

Help, too.
Just uploaded loads of pics from camera to hubby's new computer and got all excited thinking I could post some on here, as promised and now I can't.
Just tried to post some photos of 5.something MB.
Always comes up 'file size too big', doesn't re-size the pics like you said, Christine.

Help, too.
Just uploaded loads of pics from camera to hubby's new computer and got all excited thinking I could post some on here, as promised and now I can't.
Fran - my camera (Fuji) has a photo re-sizing option - it comes up when I use their software to view my photos (rather than My Pictures). Perhaps the software for Mark's camera includes a similar option - it does mean I don't have to go 'off-site' to re-size my photos and is very useful.