[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Help! I keep getting logged out of the forum - Page 5 - Carers UK Forum

Help! I keep getting logged out of the forum

Includes forum rules and technical help.
Your suggestion to Pete will only work if he can remember under which forum heading the topic was originally in Image Image
I know it's not ideal, but it does say the name of the topic in the email. Will wait to hear what Alan has to say...
It's OK I do know the names of the new topics now, so it wont be a problem.
Seems the email links are working OK again now too. Image
Thanks for your help Lucy. Image
This hasn't been bothering me until the last couple of days, if IE closed down while trying to open the unread posts page [I use the 'Frequent' list that pops up with a right-click on the icon in the taskbar] I just went in by typing 'carers' in the address bar. (Windows 7, IE 8 )

This time I wanted to know what was happening, it told me]"Windows Data Execution Prevention detected an add-on trying to use system memory incorrectly. This can be caused by a malfunction or a malicious add-on."[/quote]
Just so that we are clear - I am not being 'logged out' of the forum. As I try to open the forum, IE closes down. If I cancel the pop-up telling me it is closing, I get a page with this on it:
Internet Explorer has closed this webpage to help protect your computer
A malfunctioning or malicious add-on has caused Internet Explorer to close this webpage.

Any news yet when this might be sorted out?

PS This doesn't appear to happen with Firefox. I only use IE because Firefox doesn't remove read items when I use the back arrow to go back to the unread list.
Hi cotula,

I think that's an issue with your computer, it's not something we can sort out from this end.

The problem that was caused with the upgrade was to do with people getting logged out automatically, but as you've said you don't have that problem.

I guess it must be a setting on your Internet Explorer Browser.

GaryO, do you know?!
GaryO, do you know?!
I agree with you that the problem is with IE on the computer and not with the forum or forum software.
Internet Explorer has closed this webpage to help protect your computer
A malfunctioning or malicious add-on has caused Internet Explorer to close this webpage.
And there's the answer. A malfunctioning or malicious add-on.
In IE, if you go to Settings (the Cog Wheel icon, top right) and select Manage Add-Ons, a window will open showing what add-ons are installed and running. Click Show]http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_smile.gif[/img]
I still keep getting logged out of the whole site when I try and log on through an email notification. It wont let me log on until I go to my favorites list and then I can get straight into the forum.
I haven't tried to do what GaryO has said above as I havent really got a clue what I'm supposed to be looking for. When I have more time I might try it, but I dont want to muck up my 'puter any more than it already is! Image

My computer repair man has gone out of business due to ridiculous rent rises on his shop, so I cant ask him either. He was a star and I shall miss him no end. Image
GaryO, I should have responded before - thanks for posting this. I won't have time to do that any time soon, too much else going on! CarersUK Forum is the only site I use IE for, as Firefox doesn't handle the forum correctly either. If it worked on Firefox, I'd be happier. NB As CarersUK is the only forum I regularly look at, I have no idea if others are affected.

[Edit] Might it be something to do with Kaspersky?
Cotula, Im posting this in firefox with no problem. I also use Kaspersky so it isnt either of them. As gary says, you have got problems with an add-on.
I use Windows Internet Explorer and I have Kaspersky. Also have FireFox but hardly ever use it.