[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Help! I keep getting logged out of the forum - Page 4 - Carers UK Forum

Help! I keep getting logged out of the forum

Includes forum rules and technical help.
I know about cookies - I'm a graduate re:ICT so it's not a lack of info problem for me!
I just find it irritating 'having' to change my trusted lists i.e. trusted sites with active cookies, to suit one particular site - here! lol
Contrary to popular belief - cookies are not all bad - it a matter of personal choice isn't it! In some cases - provided you know your way around and are careful cookies can and do make your surfing experience more slicker!
I guess it's horses for courses isn't it! Image
(((hugs)))
Marie.
I just find it irritating 'having' to change my trusted lists i.e. trusted sites with active cookies, to suit one particular site - here! lol
If you know what you're doing, you shouldn't have to change them all. Just this one. Image
I know!
It's a habit thing! lol Image
Marie x
I do not wish to delete all my cookies to all the other websites that I use, so how can I delete the bad ones that are constantly bombing me out of this site? I'll be honest, this is really like an iceberg, it might seem a minor inconvenience but it is actually getting past a joke and seriously off-putting.
It's really not a problem nor a bad thing deleting all cookies to all websites. Over time, cookies add up to storage space, together with internet cache. Deleting cookies and cache can free up some much needed space on your hard drive and often make your browsing faster.
Cookies are also refreshed and/or recreated everytime you visit a web site anyway so it's not a major problem deleting them. Remember that cookies do NOT store your passwords so deleting these won't cause you problems if you cannot remember passwords to certain sites.
I've just been logged out for the umpteenth time and it wouldn't let me log on at all from my email notification, so I went to my favorites where I have this site saved and low and behold, I'm here typing this.
I dont even know what a 'cookie' is except that you can eat one, so find all this tosh really hard to work out! Image Image
Lucy - HELP !

It's driving me nuts this morning - I keep getting logged off and the font size keeps changing to huge, I have to change it for EVERY topic I look at.

It can't be cookies 'cos I regularly clean them out with all the other rubbish that accumulates. I've also just noticed that I appear to have 'lost' the CUK logo at the top of the page ?

What's going on ?????????????
I've just had to read Susie's post from my favorites list again. I just cant log on from the email notification. It says I'm logged on, then asks me to log on AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN!!! Image Image Image Image
Hi Sue, looking into it and will get back to you!

Pete - will also look into why the problem reoccurs when you visit the site through an email link. For now, I would suggest going to the site directly rather than through an email link.
Hi Sue, looking into it and will get back to you!

Pete - will also look into why the problem reoccurs when you visit the site through an email link. For now, I would suggest going to the site directly rather than through an email link.

Thanks Lucy Image by the way the logo has miraculously appeared again Image

Your suggestion to Pete will only work if he can remember under which forum heading the topic was originally in Image Image