Includes forum rules and technical help.
I've typed a few messages, the latest one about respite, only to find when I try to post I get the "Bad Gateway" message. Would someone please rehang the gate, put gravel on the mud, or whatever, so we have a Good Gateway instead!?
Common occurance recently ... freshing the " Bad Gateway " page usually works in advancing to the correct page.

The 502 Bad Gateway error is an HTTP status code that means that one server on the internet received an invalid response from another server.

502 Bad Gateway errors are completely independent of your particular setup, meaning that you could see one in any browser, on any operating system, and on any device.

The Bad Gateway error can be customized by each website. While it's fairly uncommon, different web servers do describe this error differently.
I keep getting it too!
I'm having a busy day, typed a reply of about 10 lines to a query, that just disappeared. No time to retype I'm afraid.
Posted by Michael today
Hello all

In response to some recent forum glitches that you've highlighted, I've contacted the IT developer for the forum (who is not a Carers UK employee but works for an external company) and have received the following tips and comments:

'Remember Me' function not working when logging in
Solution - log out of the forum, delete all your cookies, close your browser and then log in again.
Note - the 'Remember Me' function will expire after 30 or 60 days so you will then need to log in again

A couple of members said they found themselves logged on as Crispy
We have been advised that this is also a cookie issue
Solution - log out of the forum, delete all your cookies, close your browser and then log in again.

'502 Bad Gateway nginx' message
This seems to be due to temporary overload of the forum site. A server upgrade will happen in the next 3-4 weeks which should stop this happening again.

Very small font when using an ipad
Please can you provide a screenshot within this thread that I can pass onto the developer

I hope the above tips help. If you experience any further glitches when using the forum please post them in this thread and we'll address them as soon as we can.

on the trouble shooting topic - ... 46#p372646

If you do get a "bad gateway" error message try using your browser's 'refresh' button - I find that usually does the trick when it happens to me.
Temporary overload at 3pm?! Screenshot? Some people might know what to do, I don't!
Of course I refreshed, but then my message had disappeared.
If I'm frustrated by this lot, just imagine the response of a harassed new member with a serious problem. Would they return? Doubtful.
Server overload ?

Not due to this forum ... even a country road would look like a motorway in comparison ... numbers continue to be low after the first posting on the now withdrawn thead on the " Forum Gremlins " ... back in August ?

Even the media are conspiring ... virtually nothing of interest to carers to post.
Don't forget that the CUK servers also serve the main website and CUK's in house computers.

"Bad Gateway" is quite common when servers need upgrading (as they all do at some point). - I've even had the message come up when using the Virgin Media website !
More technical than mere traffic , Susie.

Chief suspect would be configuration between the server and end user as previous posting indicated.

What Does 502 Bad Gateway Mean?

A 502 Bad Gateway indicates that the edge server (server acting as a proxy) was not able to get a valid or any response from the origin server (also called upstream server).
I often get the bad gateway but find a 'back' ⬅ does work, and keeps what I had typed. the refresh (circular arrow) loses it

Hope this helps some of you