[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
What do you think web based services can offer carers? - Carers UK Forum

What do you think web based services can offer carers?

Take part in research or give your opinion in a survey.
Sam_S, one of our new online support managers is blogging for NHS Choices.

She's asking for comments about what you think web based services can offer you and what the important issues are.

Read the blog,
http://talk.nhs.uk

Our very own Kerry is also blogging for NHS Choices... just scroll down a bit!

Sam_B
our young carers took part in a mixture of games and competitions and even shared imaginary midnight snacks and hot chocolate! Lots of fun was had by all...
That doesn't sound like much fun to me, and I have teenagers. I think real midnight snacks would taste better. Pizza slices, hot chocolate and tiny marshmallows... microwaved popcorn .... a sneaky bottle of Magners ... a snuggle up on the sofa under a duvet with your pals and a soppy (or scary) DVD from Blockbusters. There is no substitute for real face to face contact with their peers, and that is what these young carers crave more than anything. IMHO.
There is no substitute for real face to face contact with their peers
I agree with you 110% but in many situations this is not possible for some kids and therein lies the beauty of the internet.I see chat rooms as an extension of forums/message boards and as long as those for minors are well moderated, which I believe they are,many kids do gain a lot of benefit from them.

It also works the other way.Some kids find help via the internet 1st but receive advice and information which then takes them in to contact with others face to face.