[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Sandwich generation carers wanted! - Carers UK Forum

Sandwich generation carers wanted!

Take part in research or give your opinion in a survey.
I am a PhD student looking at the experiences of women who are caring for both children and older relatives at the same time. If you live in Bedfordshire and would like to talk to someone about your caregiving experiences please contact me for further details. Image
Why women only?
Thanks Jimbo for your reply to my post. I am only looking at the experiences of female carers, as despite the increase in the numbers of men who are in the same situation, it is still more common for females to be caring for both children and older relatives at the same time. I am hoping, however that this project could be replicated in the future to look men's multi-generational caring experiences.
I am still looking to interview female carers of more than one generation who live in Bedfordshire. If you would like to talk about your experiences as a multi-generational carer, please contact me for more information.

c.j.moore@open.ac.uk
Hello Caroline,

Just a thought. Have you tried to contact a carer’s centre near you? I would guess the age group you are looking for would be the 35-60s so why not put a poster up at your local Doctors or Hospital near you.

I don't understand why you should limit your search to Bedfordshire- when the internet is supposed to break down barriers in communication.
Hi there. Thanks for your reply. I have advertised the project locally, and I don't have enough time to make it a national project. Thanks for your advice though. Regards Caroline