[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
respite holiday home - Carers UK Forum

respite holiday home

Take part in research or give your opinion in a survey.
I don't know if any one remembers over a year ago I talked about setting up a holiday home for supporting carers and the one they care for with dementia. At last I have bought a bungalow in Devon (beautiful estuary views!) and I aim to be up and running in September 2009. The bungalow will be disabled friendly and I will be able to give support and understanding. I am a nurse and for the last year I have also worked for Age Concern helping people with dementia. My concern now is making sure I get myself known. I have a web site www.dementiaguesthousecare.co.uk
I would be interested to know of any other homes like this already running.
Well done Sallie, and good luck with your venture.
There are various directories available that you can join - some online, some free, and you can mail your brochure to all the branches of PRTC etc.
You might also consider buying some google adverts - it costs you maybe 50p per click but you are in charge of your budget: if you buy say £50 worth of clicks a month and see whether you get any traffic you can stop at any time. They are contextual adverts, so you can specify that they must only appear on a webpage in the UK with all the key words: Dementia+carers+respite for example.
To get your site up the free listings for google search for yuor keywords is also vital: just by linking here you have already helped that process. Get your link in everywhere you can, within reason.
Place Google analytics on your site too: place the hidden code at the foot of each page and you get great information about your visitors.

Hidden headers are very important:

Your code is:
<title>Home</title><meta name="Keywords" content="dementia guest house care support hotel alzheimers " />

BUPA is near the top for this search category: their code is:

<head>

<title>Nursing homes, palliative & residential respite care - Bupa Care Homes</title>

<meta name="description" content="Bupa Care Homes - residential accommodation and nursing homes, providing palliative care, respite beds and carers for the young physically disabled">

<meta name="keywords" content="nursing homes residential home palliative care respite residents carers dementia fees convalescent beds terminal disease ypd facilities registered staff assessment">

</head>

This hidden header text is very important - it is how search engines know what is on your website. Of course you cant copy it verbatim, but BUPA know what they are doing, and a little bit of judicious tweaking might be handy!
gosh what alot to know about web sites, but thank you, it all sounds like a foreign language. My web site was a free one with Microsoft for 2 years and then £6 a month. How do I go about doing all this head/title and meta name?I don't think its part of my package.
Also sorry to be ignorant but what is PRTC?
I have emailed carer support workers in the south west and trying to advertise locally as much as possible.
Thanks sallie