Research into the winter crisis among carers

Take part in research or give your opinion in a survey.
Elizabeth Finn Care is a national charity that gives direct financial support to individuals in need and through Turn2us (www.turn2us.org.uk) helps millions more to gain access to welfare benefits, charitable grants and other financial help.

Elizabeth Finn Care is working to ensure people in financial need have the money to improve their lives, which is why we wish to raise awareness of the issues faced by carers in poverty. The plight of carers is not well understood and as we approach another winter we wish to understand how these seasonal changes effect people in need. Data from this survey will be used in a confidential manner to highlight the issue with industry leaders*.

If you are a carer or have been a carer in the past 12 months, we would be grateful if you can spare just 10 minutes of your time to help us learn more about the issues that affect you.

Please copy and paste the link into your browser to take part]https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Elizabet ... uelpoverty[/url]

Thank you
done.
done
done
done
We help nurses, teachers, farmers, solicitors, accountants, and people from the armed services. We probably help people you know. People just like you.

http://www.elizabethfinncare.org.uk/About_Us

What an oddball collection of middle class folk fallen on hard times, most of whom have lovely index-linked pensions and live in £350,000 mock-tudor semis. Well that rules out 95% of the British population for starters... so its basically just a "distressed gentlefolk" charity then? Unemployed single mums living in tower blocks need not apply?

I despair sometimes, I really do.... it adds a whole new dimension to the concept of the "deserving poor" Image
This is the former "Distressed Gentlefolk's Aid Association", methinks.
Well I am a former nurse, and I am certainly not living in a mock tudor semi.
I read an article in the Times a week or so back about how the middle classes are having to turn to charities. One family depicted did indeed live in a mock Georgian mansion but had sunk to having to get food parcels when the boom bust. Poor Mummy was in despair as they were behind with the mortgage but thank goodness they had managed the school fees for the children this year- but sadly the Volvo would have to go! Image These people live on another planet.
one of the papers this morning had the headlines,"middle classes lose £10,000 a year."Poor things, don't we feel sad for them?
They really have no idea, most of them.You are right, Dragonlady.