Nicola Sturgeon scottish Parly...

Take part in research or give your opinion in a survey.
Hi I've got a meeting with Nicola Sturgeon on the 10th of December.
Any guesses what issue I'll be raising?? Image Image Image

This one:

http://www.carersuk.org/Forums/viewtopi ... highlight=

Well it would be of course...wouldn't it!

All this stopping and changing, making the systems & restrictions ukwide, even more different is not helpful in my opinion, so who better to tell than a government minister who just implemented the 'wonderful or more accurately unhelpful' changes in the first place? Image

marie x
Good luck Marie

x x x
Isn't there millions of pounds in Government Funding alloted annually to Carersuk?
That's my understanding from other web places.

Just how much government funding did Carersuk get in the last 3 years?
Anybody know?
Knowing that would sure clarify things.
Er, the SNP is not the same as the UK Parliament, and Carers Scotland is not a subsidiary of Carers UK Marie....please don't confuse the issues. Nicola is alleged to be a sharp cookie.....or a nippie sweetie as we might say north of the border...and this is a minority government hangin' oan a shoogly peg, (English translation = a dodgy wicket) but have fun anyway. Give her hell....
Yes I know, I'm not confusing things at all, well I don't think so!

It's page 2 of the above link about changes to D.P. the thred seems to have mutated a bit and covers a whole selection of things as is the way of it!! Image

So it's not the section you quoted I'll be pushing!

http://www.carersuk.org/Forums/viewtopi ... sc&start=0

Ah, that's a better link to the section!

I won't be asking her about anything that is a Central Government issue. She'd likely say 'what a shame - not my remit '- yes?? Image

I'm only going to quizz her with the relevant little nuggets the 'new and wonderful' scottish parly has passed regarding the D.P. changes - she had to be in on that one, it came into force on November 12th!!

They're idea of relaxing regs and making things easier for both the Carer & Caree don't look the same on the sheet I read from. Image

Surprise, surprise. Image Image Image

marie x
Carers Scotland is not a subsidiary of Carers UK Marie....please don't confuse the issues.
What do you mean Carers Scotland aint a subsidiary of Carersuk?

The link's from the same page and Gavin sent me to their 'Scottish website ' when I had DP issues recently and he's also said he's contacted 'our policy officer in Scotland' on that thred too! Image

What actually are the facts of the matter, anyone know?

marie x
What do you mean Carers Scotland aint a subsidiary of Carersuk?

The link's from the same page and Gavin sent me to their 'Scottish website ' when I had DP issues recently and he's also said he's contacted 'our policy officer in Scotland' on that thred too! Confused

What actually are the facts of the matter, anyone know?

marie x
facts: Carers UK is effectively a federal charity - Carers Scotland/Wales/NI members have powers to appoint (or veto) senior staff appointments in their own countries, direct policy, elect their committee at their AGM etc etc...and determine policy for matters that are determined by the respective Parliament or Assembly, such as Health, Education and Social care policy...but social security, most taxes, etc etc are still with Westminster, so these UK issues are determined at a UK level. Its a fudge..and deliberately so, designed to reflect and mirror the current devolution settlement. Actually it works rather well.....usually! Most of the money needed to support nation offices is raised locally...more or less.