How many hours do you work each week?

Take part in research or give your opinion in a survey.
I'm interested to know how many hours or days a week some of you are working and whether its unpaid or you work for an employer as a carer? I am currently employed as a Care Worker and work about 45 hours a week usually starting at 6.45 am with breaks in the day through till 10pm at night and cover a 20 mile radius of where I live from house to house. I am currently off from 7am till 4pm on Wednesdays and start back at work at 4.30pm.
I work 24/7 as a Carer for my husband and son.
Even when I have respite,then I am always oncall,(which is why it is 24/7).I do not have time or energy for paid employment.
During the respite that I do get, I spend much of the day time working through essential paperwork.
I am able to sleep at night, but I do not sleep well due to stress,and am unable to take sleeping tablets in case of a caring emergency in the night,so I cnanot call the night time, time off.
Hi, same as Lazydaisy, 24/7 for the last 4+ years. Only been having a break for the last 6 weeks for 2 hours on a Wednesday when support worker takes hubby fishing.
I sleep when my caree sleeps I'm working when he's awake. As a paid care worker you've got no idea how much work a carer actually does. I don't get to go home. Its not just 40 whatever hrs a wk.
I can image how difficult it is and admire how you people keep going, its a different kind of care when its your own family I'm sure.
Nilla, rosemary, no1mum, Myrtle, charles47

As moderators you know the rules better than I do. Are care workers allowed to come on here? Normally we are arguing about them doing stupid things, not listening to us, thinking they know our caree better and paid care workers being called carers in the media annoys me no end. Can't count the number of times I've asked for minimum wage rather than carers allowance. £55/wk vs 45hrs paid work. I'd love to only work 45hrs a week!!

Sorry LeeUK but you've annoyed me. You're not a carer. Why are you here?
Oh dear sorry about that, didn't mean to annoy you Image
I'm just doing my job as a Carer out there, I'm not a know all, I just want to share the issue's of the job. End of conversation Image
Hiya, Dipsy, I did flag up to Lee on his new members post explaining our forum is for unpaid carers and not for carers, he did reply on there saying he does partially care for his Nan.
Lee, could you make sure any posts you make aren't in relation to your paid care worker job please. Thanks, Karen
24/7 for 20 years as a parent and 15 of those with disabled children...my own.
Hiya, Dipsy, I did flag up to Lee on his new members post explaining our forum is for unpaid carers and not for carers, he did reply on there saying he does partially care for his Nan.
Lee, could you make sure any posts you make aren't in relation to your paid care worker job please. Thanks, Karen
ok he's forgiven. Sorry for being a bitch about it but Care workers aren't carers. Carers don't get to go home and forget about they people they look after. The person I look after is my life. As Lee's got double duty all respect too him.