[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Have you employed a carer directly? - Carers UK Forum

Have you employed a carer directly?

Take part in research or give your opinion in a survey.
hello

I work for www.fundingcaring.co.uk which provides advice and information on the funding side of caring. I am looking to add a case study on the process of employing a carer to give some practical insight, especially for those who are worried about the process.

If you have employed a carer and would be happy to chat through the process and some of the issues, please message me here.

Best wishes
Sarah
Great.
How much are you paying carers for their time to contribute?
Sarah, you're talking about paid 'care workers' not 'carers'. Carers don't get paid, we look after family or friends 'unpaid' or if we're lucky, for the £53 a week 'Carers Allowance' the govt. thinks is adequate, and to get that we've to prove that we provide a minimum of 35 hours a week care ( no restriction on the upper limit of hours to be worked, it's the same money if we do 24/7 or look after more than one person) You want a forum for Foster Carers who get £100's a week thrown at them for taking in someone elses 'problem'. Image
I don't mind people gathering information from this site for use elsewhere on a not for profit basis, but I do have a few issues when they apparently C&P large chunks of it in order to generate revenue from google adverts and then pester our members under false pretences to provide "case studies" without even having the decency of providing a link back or thanking us: who does this material belong to?

#
Carer's Allowance - The Carer (UK)
If you apply successfully for Carer's Allowance, and you are on Income Support or income-based Job Seekers' Allowance, the Carer Premium should be added to your benefit automatically. If it is not added to your benefit within a couple of weeks of receiving the decision about Carer's Allowance, contact your local ...
www.thecarer.co.uk/CarersAllowance.html - 23k - Cached - Similar pages -
#
Carers UK ]www.carersuk.org/Information/Financialh ... rerPremium[/url] - 22k - Cached - Similar pages -
#
Thanks for your responses everyone.

I did not intend to offend/annoy anyone and will try to find a case study elsewhere.

Thanks for your time and best wishes

Sarah