[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
GSCC Focus Group on Domiciliary Care Workers - Carers UK Forum

GSCC Focus Group on Domiciliary Care Workers

Take part in research or give your opinion in a survey.
Participants needed for focus group to discuss the registration of domiciliary care workers with the General Social Care Council.

Date: Thursday 21 June
Time: 10-1.30, lunch included

Hello everyone, my name is Elizabeth Tilley, and I work in the Policy Development Team at the General Social Care Council (GSCC).

The GSCC is the social care workforce regulator in England. We are here to raise standards in social care for the benefit and protection of people who use services and the wider public, by regulating social care workers and the quality of social work education. Across the organisation we regularly engage with people who use services and carers to ensure we are keeping their best interests at the heart of the organisation.

The GSCC register is currently open to social workers and social work students. However, from 2008, we will be opening our register to domiciliary care workers. Before we do this, we would like to hear from carers regarding their views on a few important issues.

We will be conducting a focus group to discuss these issues on Thursday 21 June 2007. The group will meet at a venue at London Bridge in the morning, and lunch will follow. We are particularly keen to hear from those of you who regularly come into contact with domiciliary care workers – for example, carers of disabled children or carers of older people. In line with our payments and reimbursement policy, you will be paid £30 for your time.

The topics we would like to discuss with you include:

• How do domiciliary care workers demonstrate to people who use services or carers that they are registered with the GSCC? We would like to discuss with you which method would be most useful (for example, identity cards, helpline, certificates etc.)

• How much information about the codes of practice do carers want or need in relation to the regulation of domiciliary care workers? (The GSCC Codes of Practice are issued to all social care workers and their employers. They can be found at the GSCC website http://www.gscc.org.uk/Good+practice+an ... our+codes/ )
The codes are available in a number of accessible formats and languages, and can be obtained from the GSCC free of charge.

If you would like to join the focus group, please email me at
patricia.suarez@gscc.org.uk.

Places will be issued on a first come, first served basis.

Many thanks. I look forward to hearing from you.
Elizabeth
Hi,

Would the social care recruitment agencies check my GSCC reg number and status everytime they offer me a job?