[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Give 15mins for 'Elderly Care and the Family' Research - Carers UK Forum

Give 15mins for 'Elderly Care and the Family' Research

Take part in research or give your opinion in a survey.
Hi All,

I am in my final year of studying Health Psychology and am undertaking a research project into Elderly Care and the family. I am passionate about older people, carers and families and have been working in the sector for 5 years now, my future career lies in the care sector so I am keen to find out more. I know you all have a wealth of invaluable knowledge in this area, so, if you can spare 15minutes of your time to take part I would be so grateful. Please visit

http://sdu-surveys.herts.ac.uk/care123

Thank you for your time, I wish you and your family well!
Hi Sarah,

I completed this but as I did not get the opportunity to comment at the end, I will do so here.

I, like many, care on a part-time basis with the support of paid careworkers visiting a couple of times a day. I felt that questions 16-23 were very much skewed to those who have a parent in a care home. My relationship with those careworkers (not carers but that is a terminology argument) is very different from those who visit their loved ones in a care home. I do not see the careworkers on a regular basis and only know what they do from what my mum says and what they log. They do not get involved in rehabilitation, social activities, etc etc. As to the amount of time they spend with mum, this is not their choice; it is dictated by the local council's funding policy! This, I suspect, is not unusual but may make your survey statistics unreliable. This does not mean that I do not admire the job they do under very difficult circumstances but we do not have a relationship as such.

Good luck with your studies anyway, Anne