Hello everyone,

I'm a post-graduate psychology student at London Metropolitan University doing some research into the experience of being a partner or family member of someone with aphasia (a communication difficulty often caused by stroke). Aphasia may also be called dysphasia.

If you are
- married to someone with aphasia
- the partner of someone with aphasia
- the parent/child of someone with aphasia

then I would like to know what you think!

What does it involve?
The study involves taking part in an interview. This can be done in person or via email (depending on location and preference).

Issues discussed will be to do with the good and bad experiences of having a partner/relative with aphasia and how this affects your relationship, work life and social life.

Anonymity will be preserved throughout - email addresses will be detached from all texts, or if you prefer you can create a new email account just for the study. Nothing that identifies you will be published.

You are not obliged to take part, and if you do, you are free to withdraw at any stage.

How will my information be used?
If you complete an interview in person this interview will be audio recorded. The information you give will be analysed together with information from other people and a report will be written describing the findings. You are entitled to a copy of this report if you wish, or of any other written work arising from the study.

How can I get in touch?
If you think you would be interested in taking part, or would like some more information, please contact me at

keg0125@londonmet.ac.uk

Please state your relationship to the person with aphasia (partner or other family relationship).

If you are not sure if you are eligible, drop me a line and I will be able to help you.

many thanks

Kate