[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Can you help with my project on caring for the elderly?? - Carers UK Forum

Can you help with my project on caring for the elderly??

Take part in research or give your opinion in a survey.
I am Charlotte and am 20 years old, my mother is the main carer for my grandmother who is in her 80s and has advanced Alzheimer’s disease. I help with the care as much as possible.

I am at university and working on a project on caring for the elderly. If you could help me with my research it would add great value to my project as there is nothing better than hearing true stories from carers themselves.

Please can you answer the following questions or could you write a little about your feelings about why you are a carer?

1) What relationship do you have with the elderly person you care for? Eg. partner, son, daughter-in-law, etc.

2) Do you share the care or are you the primary carer? and if so who with?

3) Why is this caring role being carried out by you rather than other people?

4) What feelings do you have about your caring role? Eg. Rewarding? Frustration etc.

5) Does this caring role make you a different person than you would otherwise be? Please explain. Eg. Different jobs, hobbies, opportunities? Etc.

All information will be strictly anonymous and confidential.

It may be easiest to reply via private message.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!
Hi Charlotte,

This is an old thread but might help in your work

see here