[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers above 65 - Carers UK Forum

Carers above 65

Take part in research or give your opinion in a survey.
Following on from my post on requiring research for my project dissertation...

I am a University student researching care givers and how technology can be beneficial to their lives.

It would be highly appreciated if you could share some of your experiences with me, and also what your thoughts are on technology to help you as a carer with your daily tasks when caring.

I have a few questions which would take roughly 10 mins to answer.I hope they are not too intrusive and i would be very grateful for your responses.

How many hours you spend caring?
How old is the person you are caring for?
Have you received any support from the social care system?
What type of support have you received?
What further support would you like to make it easier for you at home?
What difficulties do you have in carrying out daily tasks whilst caring?
Woudl you be interested in any home adapatation to make it easier for you whilst caring?
Do you attend any carers focus groups.

Thank you so much for your time and patience.This information wil be really useful for my project.

Look forward to hearing your responses,
I'm not quite in your age category (64 this year) but hope my answers will be useful !

How many hours you spend caring? - 24/7

How old is the person you are caring for? - 86

Have you received any support from the social care system? - yes

What type of support have you received? - ablement care for 3 weeks after discharge from hospital and aids from local Occupational Therapy team. Plus referral to local Day Centre which Caree refused to attend after a couple of visits !

What further support would you like to make it easier for you at home? - ad hoc respite care/befriending service for Caree

What difficulties do you have in carrying out daily tasks whilst caring? - need someone to sit with Caree so that I can do the shopping !

Woudl you be interested in any home adapatation to make it easier for you whilst caring? - yes

Do you attend any carers focus groups. -not currently