[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK info on vaccine - Page 8 - Carers UK Forum

Carers UK info on vaccine

Guidance on coronavirus and a place to share concerns and support
100 posts
Just done my online booking for a 2 weeks from today, closest place i can get to because of transport, a bit of a wait but still a result.
royd wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:31 pm
Just done my online booking for a 2 weeks from today, closest place i can get to because of transport, a bit of a wait but still a result.
Well done.
This is all a national disgrace. We are invisible.
https://carers.org/news-and-media/news/ ... aid-carers

This information covers the process in England.

On 20 February, NHS England wrote to local leaders in charge of the vaccination programme and set out how they should identify unpaid carers in this initial phase of vaccinating those in Priority Group 6.

Carers Trust looks forward to the publication of the Standard Operating Procedure which will set out how other eligible unpaid carers will be identified, contacted and vaccinated.

Prioritisation
Unpaid carers are in Priority Group 6 in the first wave of vaccinations. The vaccination programme has now reached Priority Groups 5 and 6, meaning eligible unpaid carers should soon be receiving an invite for their vaccination.

Unpaid carers in Priority Group 6

For the Coronavirus vaccine, the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) and the Public Health England (PHE) Green Book have outlined that unpaid carers eligible for the vaccine are:

“Those who are eligible for carer’s allowance, or those who are the sole or primary carer of an elderly or disabled person who is at increased risk of COVID-19 mortality and therefore clinically vulnerable”

How will I be identified?
For now, unpaid carers will be identified through two channels. You will be identified:

If you are registered as an unpaid carer with your GP. This is known as having a “Carers Flag” on your primary care records.

You are in receipt of or entitled to Carer’s Allowance. The Department for Work and Pensions will share this information with the vaccination programme.
How will I be contacted?
You will be contacted by either your local health system known as a Primary Care Network (PCN) or by the National Booking System (NBS).

They may phone you, send you a text message or write to you. You may get more than one communication. Whether it’s the PCN or NBS that contact you, and however you are contacted (phone call, text or letter) you will be provided will all relevant details about how to book an appointment as well as information on the vaccination.

It is up to you to book the appointment. To book the appointment as quickly as possible, you should find out what your NHS number is.
I had my vaccination this morning one week after my husband. Feel very grateful to have got into cohort 6.

Given there are clearly many carers still arguing the right of passage.
Who is responsable for this shambles?

I am not and will not be flagged by my GP as the GP does not recognise unpaid carers.

I cannot get carers allowance as i suffer long term chronic illness.

So that rules out me being contacted.

But the fact that i suffer chronic long term illness means i may need the vaccine faster than normal.

Also the fact that i am an unpaid carer looking after vulnerable people.

The system just doesn't work and will leave thousands with no jab and no means to get one.
nicola_200812 wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:23 am
NHS vaccine online booking ,, now accepting bookings for unpaid carers eligible for carers allowance, have just booked mine for 2 days time..
Thank you so much for this useful information! After getting nowhere with my GP I tried the online booking system this evening and I have an appointment for tomorrow. It isn’t local and I will have to catch a train but hopefully it will be worth it. I get carers allowance and I needed my NHS number to make the booking.
Londonbound wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:51 pm
Who is responsable for this shambles?

I am not and will not be flagged by my GP as the GP does not recognise unpaid carers.
I cannot see how they will not do this if it's appropriate, because there is functionality within the PCN systemto record a carers' flag.

The trouble I am having personally is that the GP seems reluctant to arrange any appointments for unpaid carers despite published guidance making it clear they should be prioritizing Group 6 whilst NHS Mass Vaccination Centres and Community Pharmacies focus on Group 5. The national booking system has been extended to give access to people in receipt of Carers Allowance through the Local Authority route over people registered on the PCN.

The problem at the moment is clearly GPs who rather than helping facilitate vaccinations for unpaid and informal carers are actually obstructing them when they have been put in a position of being trusted and tasked with facilitating them. I am starting to suspect they are deliberately failing in the hope that Mass Vaccination Centres will make the changes to pick up the slack, especially as vaccine supplies are light this week. In the meantime we are all being messed around, made promises people are not acting on and being passed from pillar to post.

Let's see what happens on Thursday for anyone who has successfully managed to get their PCN updated with a carer's flag (see my earlier post above).
Just had to cancel my vaccine dates because it conflicts with a date i have for my second dose, so now i will have to wait till at least sunday now to book again, so the dates don't conflict again,
The place on the list of vaccination centres i can travel to is the closest one to me, but i know other places do vaccinatons in my area but they are not on the list if i phoned 119 and arrange a date with them would they give me more options for my area?
Hi

Greetings all!

I am in cohort 6 (flagged as, and confirmed by them, a carer by my GP surgery). I do not get carer's allowance (unpaid carer).
I see the online NHS booking website is accepting those eligible for carer's allowance. Does this mean I cannot book yet?

Even if I were to fall into the same category, is it still a requirement to wait for letter from NHS or GP?

My GP surgery has a pop-up on their website that says:
"The practice is unable to arrange tests for coronavirus. Tests are available online or by calling 119."
This statement may or may not be valid in terms of latest guidance but I am none the wiser.

Think a few of us here are in same category. Some clarity from the NHS would have helped.

Take care all
100 posts