[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
care home visiting - Page 4 - Carers UK Forum

care home visiting

Guidance on coronavirus and a place to share concerns and support
Glad you've been able to visit Mum, Penny
Well what a disappointment in the news from Mat Hancock today. We are no better off regarding visiting people in care homes! I have been Garden visiting Mum once a week for about a month observing social distancing, sanitiser, masks etc. Two weeks ago they allowed up to 3 family members to visit at once outside. All was ticking along nicely.

Today it says ONE nominated family member will be allowed to visit still with PPE etc.

i just don’t get it!
One at a time, Penny, or the same one person on each occasion?

I don't understand why there are guidelines for the over 70's, guidelines for those shielding and then a new un-related rule book for those in residential care/supported living etc

My friend is still not allowed to visit her young son in his supported living flat (he has 2 care staff at all times.) His Dad has been allowed to see him and is now counted as his bubble.

Melly1
Melly1 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:19 pm
One at a time, Penny, or the same one person on each occasion?

I don't understand why there are guidelines for the over 70's, guidelines for those shielding and then a new un-related rule book for those in residential care/supported living etc

My friend is still not allowed to visit her young son in his supported living flat (he has 2 care staff at all times.) His Dad has been allowed to see him and is now counted as his bubble.

Melly1
As I read it Melly it’s the one same person on every visit. At the moment I go once a week and my brother goes once a week on a different day.