[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
SHOPPING PROBLEMS - Page 4 - Carers UK Forum

SHOPPING PROBLEMS

Guidance on coronavirus and a place to share concerns and support
211 posts
Just watched Boris too. Use online food deliveries wherever possible - chance would be a fine thing!!

Melly1
Online deliveries ?

Ignoring the total absence of essentials in many areas at virtually anytime during the day , the very people needing help with sourcing supplies will NOT have Internet access.

This is the major reason so many mutual aid groups are springing up nationwide !
My Mum included.

Melly1
I too have been struggling and am due a home delivery (I had a 10 day wait) but many items not available. I am hopeful that this lockdown means the stores can restock and the limit to going out means it will be easier to manage/stop stock piling so there will be some for everyone.

I work for the Council and community hubs are being set up which will help deliver to the elderly/vulnerable. The staff are being deflected from their usual roles to help. Unfortunately I have to work from home because of my son but have to say he is in very good spirits because he has Aspergers and has been receiving support to get him out and about. He was struggling with this but now they are not coming round and he has permission from the Prime minister to stay at home. I will however get him out on a dog walk once a day because he has sever Vit D defiency. I am more concerned about getting his medication because our nominated pharmacy is taking over a week to dispense them!
Tricia
One of my carees has a severe vitamin D deficiency, was getting a 3 monthly injection instead of tablets every day, unfortunately issues getting this injection but it might be worth asking.

Vit D deficiency can cause a lot of issues in the body.
Supermarket website chaos as websites crash and delivery slots are booked solid for WEEKS after Boris Johnson tells Britons to avoid going to stores and shop online.

Tesco and Asda delivery slots unavailable until April as websites go down.

Ocado and Sainsbury's are not taking deliveries from newly registered accounts.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/artic ... kdown.html

UK volunteers to be asked to deliver food aid within days.

Government prepares to tap into community groups with as many as 2.5 million members.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... ithin-days

Coronavirus : Food rationing must be introduced immediately, experts warn government.

Exclusive : ‘Thirty years ago, the UK’s food retailers carried 10-12 days of stock – now they have just 24-36 hours of stock’

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 18446.html

On a separate note ... a Carers Card ... would be very handy in the present situation ... if only to flash at the supermarket door come happy hour for
NHS staff / the vulnerable / the elderly ?
On a separate note ... a Carers Card ... would be very handy in the present situation ... if only to flash at the supermarket door come happy hour for
NHS staff / the vulnerable / the elderly ?

i have a carers care and cress reg it wont help at all for us as we have to isolate so as i am the only carer i cannot get out to get supplys , looking at food shops online with delivery is ridiculous even with times for the vulnerable / the elderly ? how are you suppose to get out
Judging from the numerous reports coming in from around the country , probably the number one problem.

Sourcing essential supplies ... how many carers , some with caree in tow , need to go out more than 3 times a day in the hope of securing some somewhere ?

For me , potatoes purchased earlier this morning ... first supplies of spuds in 6 days at anyone of the 5 supermarkets in my area.
I had to laugh when he said to go shopping ONCE a week! Hasn't he seen what the shops are like?? I pop out every day to see what's around.
BB, I usually shop online once a week, since the world went mad I am now having to shop every few days in person and although supermarket limits should prevent panic buying they also mean you have to go shopping more e.g. everything limited to 3 - 3 apples?!

Bill - glad you got your spuds.

Melly1
211 posts