[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Seeking Urgent Advice - Registering as a Carer - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Seeking Urgent Advice - Registering as a Carer

Guidance on coronavirus and a place to share concerns and support
bowlingbun wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:47 am
In that case, they should be able to find a private rental. Also suggest they contact the local council, the rules about waiting lists have changed recently, and with two vulnerable people that might make them a priority.
A few days ago the landlord did their first inspection in about 2 years and even though they did'nt make any comment when they were there they have just sent an eviction notice to my mother yesterday to say that she has breached her tenancy agreement by having an un-registered person living there with cats.
I also contribute to a pet forum and one problem that crops up time and time again there is that of trying to rent privately with cats and/or dogs. So many private landlords these days will not accept cats/dogs in their properties even if a heftier than usual deposit is offered to offset any damage.
First step should be the Council Housing Officer, who can guide them through the what to do and when process. They were very helpful to someone I know who ended up in council accommodation with dog.