[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Safest type of respite care - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Safest type of respite care

Guidance on coronavirus and a place to share concerns and support
Wishing your brother a speedy recovery, Lindi.

It all appears to be a bit of a lottery. We asked for my Aunt to be tested before she was discharged, but they refused. Ambulance staff weren't wearing PPE either.
And another learning curve on the respite care journey.

Aunt's Care Manager didn't ring me till the end of the working day to tell me where my Aunt was being placed. She was allocated a room in a respite centre for adults with learning disabilities with complex needs. Despite this costing the Local Authority over £1200 a week, the Inspection report stated the home was 'weak' with particular issues with safety and management. Prior to one inspection, 30 assaults were recorded over a period of 4 months.

I work with individuals with with learning disabilities and I'm left wondering about the standard of care offered to the service users there.

This setting isn't appropriate for my Aunt's needs.

Lesson: pull up the inspection report while the Care Manager's on the phone and have the conversation despite it being at the end of her working day.
That seems unfair on all concerned!