[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
reducing to one metre possible - Carers UK Forum

reducing to one metre possible

Guidance on coronavirus and a place to share concerns and support
Have read this morning that when time comes to ease Lockdown GVT could change advice re social distancing distancing.

How would one metre suddenly be OK?

I'm baffled, and very concerned .
To be fair, if you consider cold snaps, where you can see your own breath, then apply that all year round (its just not visible to the naked eye) 2 metres quickly becomes a bad joke, let alone 1
I don't care what the science says, 2 metres,1 metre. I will avoid going near anybody
until this virus has gone or we are inoculated against it.

When a vaccine is available, if at all, I shall wait a bit to see if any reports
of bad side effects, remembering it has been developed very quickly and
Thalidomide some years ago.
Albert

Me too..not going near anybody.
Reducing to One Metre?

The current 2 metre rule should be increased not reduced, if anything.

The Virus is still rampant out there, no matter what Johnson says about being over
The Peak. You only have to do the basic maths & join up the dots, to know the actual figure of fatalities is far beyond the published figures.

This lessening of distance promoted by Gvt, is all part of their mantra to try to get big business back on its feet, which I understand to a degree yet not at the cost of human life.

As far as I am concerned as an individual & carer, I won't be venturing out there, till its proven to be safe and a vaccine at play.

Anything else is Russian routlette with our loved ones wellbeing & our own.

So go forth Johnson if you like but count me out. Life is far more precious than his business needs. You would have thought that would have dawned on him after his personal experience. Yet no, same old Tories.
Government and stock holders are getting nervous. We are now told we ought to wear cloth masks but not everyone does, or can.

I haven't really seen anything being done to make the virus go away, have you?

Nick Abbot on LBC Radio was his usual amusing self on Friday evening and said Johnson and Co had done such a good job of keeping us at home that it would be difficult to persuade us to leave our homes. After you, Prime Minister!
Once this government mentions it, they continue to do it, regardless.
if I am honest I prefer to be at least ten feet or more from people on a walk!

Coughs can go a long way.

And hardly anyone is wearing a mask yet.

I keep even further from joggers.

Nothing on earth would persuade me to go into a shop or on a bus either!
I think I took social distancing 1 step too far Friday...when I fell down the stairs and nearly broke my left knee and hip, right shoulder, wrist, and ankle. Luckily I was okay. I won't be doing that again in a hurry :lol:
Omg Maine

Lucky you didn't end up in hospital!