[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
public toilets - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

public toilets

Guidance on coronavirus and a place to share concerns and support
Sandra_2004 wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 2:17 am

Would any sane person actually be willing to sit on a public toilet in the knowledge maybe a hundred people had used it before them, maybe two at least had Covid-19? I'd rather wet myself.

This is why public toilets are closed....
I never sat on a public toilet seat even before Covid, I cannot imagine anyone sitting
on those seats, ever.
When Mum was alive (disabled) she needed to use the disabled facilities and had to sit, she couldn't crouch over the bowl. I used to carry a pack of antibacterial wipes and would clean the seat and environs before she used the toilet and again after. I still carry the wipes and still use them regularly !
with lockdown open people still need the toilet without going into the bush and act like animals how the council / goverment is going to sort this out for social distancing and safety is going to be the issue ,
there was talks about automated taps , no handles on doors , automated hand towels dispensers , but like users are saying what about siting or standing when you have to go with social distancing in place , cleaning toilets etc .
me and my wife went to local park today social distancing was in place but she needed the toilet she does wear pull up pants pads etc for toilet issues so i just said well do what alot of other people do go in the bush so she did that was all she could do not nice i know but without messing your self what else is there and when you suffer from mental illness you could get upset even more due to wetting etc .
i think as a male if i was to wee in the bush i would be concerned over who would see me even if it was a child as you could get fined for indecent behaviour or cause argument with another member of the public .
i think this issue is different for a child as they dont know any better
dean_2003 wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 10:51 am

i think as a male if i was to wee in the bush i would be concerned over who would see me even if it was a child as you could get fined for indecent behaviour or cause argument with another member of the public .
With a lifetime of working in the building trade, (often with no toilets on smaller sites until the advent of the Portaloo), Coarse fishing, Birdwatching and other outdoor pursuits in my leisure time I've peed behind literally thousands of trees and bushes, I'd go so far as to say it's almost a daily occurence - no-one has ever caught me doing it yet.

A little careful research beforehand into sight lines will usually do the trick, remember to drop your eyes and look from groin level, bushes don't need to be very tall, and if you can see over them it's even better.

I took this pic for a monthly forum competition - "Relief" (not this forum), it was just water used! :)
IMG_1855.jpg
Relief
I live in the New Forest and want to collect a nest of tables I bought in Sussex. Real bargain, and I like Sussex, have taken a number of short breaks there. On a good day, it's less than an hour to Chichester, and there's a sewing shop I love there, and another in Petersfield I like too. This makes a good day out for me.

HOWEVER there is no way in the world I can go all day without a pee. It's alright for the men, they can (by law!) have a discrete pee by the wheel of their vehicle, a bush, or all sorts of places. No way in the world do I want to crouch somewhere, with my knees I'd probably topple over!!! There are some lovely garden centres in the area, where I usually stop for a "tea and a wee" as we call it, but I'm not going anywhere until I know they are open!!! My eldest son works for the council and has a Radar key as a result, in case of anyone getting locked in a loo when he's on call - he's a mechanic but they are Jack of all Trades at weekends on call - but apparently even some disabled toilets are being locked?!
There's a council notice on the only toilet in Ashby which is shut.
Among other things it says," Sorry for the inconvenience."
But you can't go, IN the CONVENIENCE." :)
It's lovely to have anti-bacterial wipes. I am running out for use on my own toilet and my shop is sold out.

Can I say something really IMPORTANT, Anti Bacterial wipes kill bacteria. Corona virus is a virus and your anti bacterial wipes will not help. Please google this to confirm what I am saying.

Dare I say Public Toilets are closed to keep the vulnerable at home.
If you have bladder or bowel problems apply for this card free on line. It entitles the holder to access to toilets in the shops even if they are not for public use.
FREE Just Can’t Wait Toilet Card
Jenny_181012 wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:49 am
If you have bladder or bowel problems apply for this card free on line. It entitles the holder to access to toilets in the shops even if they are not for public use.
FREE Just Can’t Wait Toilet Card
There's no actual entitlement with this card, many shops won't allow you to use staff toilets because their insurance won't allow it.
I have used a staff loo in a charity shop once when I was house hunting in a village that had no cafes no no loos. They were quite happy for me to go in.

That was before Corona, so I think shops would be more reluctant to let random people in their loos now.