[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Gov's "Extremely Vulnerable" register ignoring the disabled. - Page 5 - Carers UK Forum

Gov's "Extremely Vulnerable" register ignoring the disabled.

Guidance on coronavirus and a place to share concerns and support
I have a similar issue. I care for my mum who has a condition called bacterial arthritis. Because of this she is more vulnerable to infections. And when she does get an infection, it will hit her joints. So in my own opinion this makes her vulnerable to this virus. Yet she has had nothing from the doctors or nhs in general. I do feel there are many who are vulnerable and yet ignored here.

I will add I'm a home carer and so live with her. Which means I have to be even more careful that I don't get this as I can literally take it home to her
It feels like they are ignoring the fact that there are different groups at risk. Diabetics are at a higher risk amongst other conditions but not hearing any protection measures for people suffering from these. I know it is complex but it is feels like making it up as we go along at the moment.

Just listening to Scottish Parliament on news channel talking about priority shopping! If only he knew the problems some of us having with this.!
I have a bit of a problem, I have never posted on this site before, so not sure I am in the right place, but...I am my father's carer, he lives alone,he is 88 he has heart failure, heart valve disease, stage 3 kidney disease, lung cancer with mastises to adrenal glands and has just finished a course of radiotherapy. So as you can imagine he is very frail. He has not had a letter from the NHS. I live with my husband and in order to protect my father we have self isolated, as I need to see him every day and am terrified of passing the virus onto him. Problem is I have to do his shopping every week. I desperately need online shopping for him. At the moment my daughter is doing it for us and leaving it outside the house, but I feel this is unfair to her because she is putting herself at risk. If my father is not on the list how can I get help with online shopping?
If not already on AGE UK's radar , contact your father's local mutual aid group :

https://covidmutualaid.org/local-groups/

SEARCH using his post code.

What he needs is exactly why the mutual aid groups are being formed nationwide.
Thanks for that, I have found the nearest group to me but it's a closed Facebook group so I can't message them. Is this a group of volunteers that would be able to shop for my dad? Or am I being selfish and should keep using my daughter, who has her own family and a job which she is doing from home just now.
Also I can't understand how he has been missed.
Unknown but most are willing to source supplies.

In my area , many elderly residents , mainly widows , still reside the former pit villages.

Apart from a newsagent and a bookmakers , that's all that remains.

Public transport in the form of buses are now 3 / 4 per day.

Local milkman now also delivers bread ... if he can source it.

That was the first priority of my local group ... now somewhat tarnished by the continuing Brexit theme plastered on their Facebook page.

Government lists are one thing , actually acquiring essentials and being delivered is another.

( 1.5 million ... as opposed to a conservative 10 million+ discussed on another , recent , thread. )

If a closed group , that indicates you need to join ?
Pauline, welcome to the forum.

As dad's cancer has developed, ask his GP to arrange for him to have a Fast Track Continuing Healthcare Assessment. This has changed slightly this week, but it's designed specifically for those like dad.
https://www.carersuk.org/forum/support- ... read-35998

Follow the colours !

New ball game no thanks to the recent Coronavirus Bill :

https://www.carersuk.org/forum/news-and ... tely-40083
bowlingbun wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:00 pm
Pauline, welcome to the forum.

As dad's cancer has developed, ask his GP to arrange for him to have a Fast Track Continuing Healthcare Assessment. This has changed slightly this week, but it's designed specifically for those like dad.
Thank you, I will do that first thing Monday.

Just looked at fast track cha online, he is stable at the moment. May be a bit extreme. If I can get help with his shopping then I should be safe looking after him as I won't be having any contact with the outside word.