[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Face mask rules October 2022. - Carers UK Forum

Face mask rules October 2022.

Guidance on coronavirus and a place to share concerns and support
My relative is extremely deaf and can only understand what I am saying if I remove my mask. It helps him to lip read. The new Manager of the Care Home will only permit me to visit if I wear a face mark. She says it is the policy of the care home and they allow no discretion. How am I to communicate with my relative? What is the legal position?
Hi Peter,
I'm afraid I don't know the legal position; but it doesn't sound like reasonable adjustments for his disability. Could you wear a mask to walk through the building and then visit your relative in their room and take your mask off in there? You can get masks with with a clear panel that were designed for use with deaf children; or a clear face shield?

Melly1
When visiting my Mum in hospital, we took our masks off only to talk to her, and put them back on to talk to anyone else. Not one doctor or nurse told us we shouldn't as it helped communication with her.