[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Covid vaccine priority - Page 4 - Carers UK Forum

Covid vaccine priority

Guidance on coronavirus and a place to share concerns and support
72 posts
I'm sorry I'm still confused can someone please explain to me when carers are supposed to be getting the vaccine I am my daughters carer and she is on the extremely vulnerable list I receive carers allowance thank you
What age are you?

You may come before your daughter through age. Even though your daughter is vulnerably.
extremely vulnerable list
You can get the vaccine along with your daughter. When she is called make sure you are included. Are you registered as her carer at her G.P. Regardless of you being mother and daughter. If your daughter is an adult and can make decisions. Your daughter has to give consent to be her named carers as her G.P.

Likewise if you are called first though age. State the reverse as get vaccinated together.

You can also register at your G.,P. as being a carer.
As you are claiming carers allowance there should be no problem.
Make sure if challenged you have a copy of your carers allowance.
Hopefully it should not be necessary.
Some unpaid carers have a carers id card. As they are registered/member to a carers organisation in their area.
I have a unpaid carers photo ID.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ember-2020
I'm registered by my local surgery as a carer but am not getting carers allowance as I still need to work. People like me seem to have been forgotten again in the coronavirus vaccine priority list. My mum had her 1st vaccine today, not sure how long I'll have to wait but I'm still in the first phase so not sure how many months I'll have to wait.
Looking for advice, my husband is 87 and has a letter to say he is extremely vulnerable, I am 66 and his Carer, I get carers allowance.
I am known as his Carer at our surgery, he hasn’t heard about the vaccine yet, but I will need to take him when it’s his turn.
Is it right I should be able to get the vaccine at the same time? How will NHS know this?
How do we arrange that please?
When you husband is called make sure you tell them you are his registered carer. And that you will coming together and expected to receive the vaccination at the same time.

If the NHS ask for confirmation. They will need to contact your husband G.P. I will assume you are both at the same G.P.

I haven't heard of any unpaid carers having received the vaccine as yet.

Hopefully carers may choose to let us know here on the forum.

Latest from Carers UK

https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advic ... ccine-faqs
sunnydisposition wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:33 pm
When you husband is called make sure you tell them you are his registered carer. And that you will coming together and expected to receive the vaccination at the same time.

If the NHS ask for confirmation. They will need to contact your husband G.P. I will assume you are both at the same G.P.

I haven't heard of any unpaid carers having received the vaccine as yet.

Hopefully carers may choose to let us know here on the forum.

Latest from Carers UK

I do get carers allowance, and I’m on record with the GP as his Carer, I’ll let you know what happens. All we need now is for him to be contacted. Thank you so much, I am learning so much from this forum.
Hi thank you for your reply. I’m 56 and my daughter is 32 and as I say she is on the clinical extremely vulnerable list So after tonight’s announcement we should get vaccine by 15th February. Is this right Thank you for helping
Sandra_1504 wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:19 pm
Hi thank you for your reply. I’m 56 and my daughter is 32 and as I say she is on the clinical extremely vulnerable list So after tonight’s announcement we should get vaccine by 15th February. Is this right Thank you for helping
I guess -It will very much depend on where you live and where you need to attend.

Ok thanks for replying take care
Sandra_1504 wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:19 pm
So after tonight’s announcement we should get vaccine by 15th February. Is this right? Thank you for helping
I had to phone my GP on Wednesday, once I got as far as the first recorded message it was different than usual - basically, don't phone and ask when you'll be vaccinated cos we don't have a clue.

I'd already phoned 111 prior to that and had to sit through a couple of minutes of the same before anything else happened.

Those of us that are still here have made it through nearly a year of Covid, we'll make it a few more weeks if we all take care. 8-)
72 posts