[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
coronavirus - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

coronavirus

Guidance on coronavirus and a place to share concerns and support
i contacted adult social care this morning care worker is working from home awaiting a call back about care workers coming in and goverment guidelines , i have also asked about my wifes safe guarding as it was passed on by her gp practice , my wife has been under safe guarding before over bipolar disorder where if her mental health rises she can be manic and hit and kick me as she reacts to change , there has been several issues with hospitals dischargeing her over medical issues all though i warn staff about her mental state at the time they discharge her and then i have to call the police in to get her back to hospital as she becomes violent..

just heard from care worker on phone she said the care from age concern has been prosponed untill we are out of isolation now we was at hospital due to me getting chest pain we explained to hospital dr that we are both vulnerable hospital said to self isolate for 2 weeks from the 12 march 2020 we spoke to our dr last week who said due to my wifes cough all though had it for 9 weeks was to self isolate for 1 week me for 2 weeks so you might as well say 2 weeks due to i am her main carer , then the goverment says vulnerable and elderly need to self isolate for 12 weeks , this is very confusing ! adult social care said they will go back to gp pratice to talk with our own gp .. adult social care said they will get back to us . they also said that if care was to happen that the carers involved would have protective equipment ..
Another one to bounce off Carers UK ?
dean_2003 wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:54 am
just heard from care worker on phone she said the care from age concern has been prosponed untill we are out of isolation now we was at hospital due to me getting chest pain we explained to hospital dr that we are both vulnerable hospital said to self isolate for 2 weeks from the 12 march 2020 we spoke to our dr last week who said due to my wifes cough all though had it for 9 weeks was to self isolate for 1 week me for 2 weeks so you might as well say 2 weeks due to i am her main carer , then the goverment says vulnerable and elderly need to self isolate for 12 weeks , this is very confusing ! adult social care said they will go back to gp pratice to talk with our own gp .. adult social care said they will get back to us . they also said that if care was to happen that the carers involved would have protective equipment ..
Hello Dean

I've just re-read Carers UK's coronavirus guidance in relation to your situation. This can be found here:
https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advic ... s-covid-19

I think the confusion over the number of weeks you should self-isolate arises from being required to self-isolate for two weeks because your wife has a cough which is a potential symptom of coronavirus, and because the NHS has asked 1.5 million 'vulnerable people' to self-isolate for 12 weeks.

This page of our guidance explains the difference between self-isolation, social distancing and shielding. See 'Practical Guidance' towards the bottom of the page.
https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advic ... er-support

If you or your wife are one of the1.5 million vulnerable people who have received a letter from the NHS you can register for further support here www.gov.uk/cornonavirus-extremely-vulnerable or call 0800 028 8327, the Government’s new dedicated helpline. If you or your wife has received this NHS letter, the instructions are very clear in relation to social isolation. They say that you must stay at home at all times and avoid all face-to-face contact for at least 12 weeks, except with healthcare workers continuing to provide essential medical care.

In relation to visits from care workers, our guidance states that, 'Visits from people who provide essential support such as healthcare, personal support with daily needs or social care should continue.' However, it also states that, 'care workers must stay away if you/they have any of the symptoms of coronavirus.'

The Government's 'guidance on home care provision' during the coronavirus pandemic can be found through the following link:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -provision

If you'd like specific advice on what to do next I would suggest contacting the Government's helplne (see above) or Carers UK's helpline at advice@carersuk.org

Wishing you and your wife well

Michael
we are very vulnerable i have got bronchiectasis in which i can produce different bugs in my lungs that make me unwell i have been on 8 lots of different antibotics since xmas
my wife has got copd asthma sleep apena we both get infections i have reg under goverment website for vulnerable awaiting letter in post in the mean time i am on my own looking after my self and my wife and dog , i just had a phone call from my worker who has asked my to contact age conern about protocols that they have in place as we are in isolation no one according to adult social care is allowed in but they have to wear the right gear when they do , all though are isolation period ends on the 6 th april no one will come in before according to adult social care and then you have to worry about people coming in who might have the virus even after you have gone through the isolation period ..