[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK info on vaccine - Page 6 - Carers UK Forum

Carers UK info on vaccine

Guidance on coronavirus and a place to share concerns and support
153 posts
Thank you all for your comments & support, its been really helpful, will keep you updated , thank you !
Morning Everyone

Sent my E Mail with my letter, copy of my carers letter, said I had seen C1124, copy & pasted information off the carers website this was my reply:

This is correct you are eligible for the vaccine and you will have been bumped up into group 6 as a carer but we at the surgery will not be organising this vaccine. NHS England have made an announcement to all doctor's surgeries in the country that they will be calling for carers and arranging their vaccines and this is outlined in the information you have sent 'Eligible carers will be contacted via the National Booking System to receive an invitation to book their vaccination'. They will contact you via letter and inform you where to go. We have no plans to vaccinate people in this cohort as of yet.

I have now contacted our local MP, I have a telephone appointment with a doctor this afternoon, so will bring this matter up, I am also waiting to hear from the CF Trust regarding this. This isn't right we shouldn't have to fight for something like this !!
Judith_2102 wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:38 am
Morning Everyone

Sent my E Mail with my letter, copy of my carers letter, said I had seen C1124, copy & pasted information off the carers website this was my reply:

This is correct you are eligible for the vaccine and you will have been bumped up into group 6 as a carer but we at the surgery will not be organising this vaccine. NHS England have made an announcement to all doctor's surgeries in the country that they will be calling for carers and arranging their vaccines and this is outlined in the information you have sent 'Eligible carers will be contacted via the National Booking System to receive an invitation to book their vaccination'. They will contact you via letter and inform you where to go. We have no plans to vaccinate people in this cohort as of yet.

I have now contacted our local MP, I have a telephone appointment with a doctor this afternoon, so will bring this matter up, I am also waiting to hear from the CF Trust regarding this. This isn't right we shouldn't have to fight for something like this !!

Thanks Judith.
I have also sent them C1124.
Hoping for a response. You are right we shouldn't have to fight like this It's frustrating and stressful.
Hi Judith.
C1124 says GP surgeries can bypass national booking line because they know who carers are. After having my vaccine because I asked for it I noticed that the website for my GP hadn't included any reference to carers as part of group 6. I informed the Practice Manager and they updated their online advice to include carers.
A carer friend of mine had the same trouble as you with her GP so rang the National Booking Line herself and was given an appointment.
Dear Judith.This is what it now says on the web for my GP.
We are now vaccinating cohort 6 at Angmering Community Centre. This group includes adult carers who are eligible for a carer’s allowance, or those who are the sole or primary carer of an elderly or disabled person who is at increased risk of COVID-19 mortality and therefore clinically vulnerable..........The criteria is set by the government and you should be invited for an appointment over the next 7 days.
If you believe you should be in this group and have not received an appointment please contact the surgery, ideally by eConsult accessible from the practice website to avoid blocking the telephone lines for urgent callers, and we will look into this for you.
Perhaps you could ask your GP why they aren't able to do the same?
Good luck!
Hi Carol

Thanks for the update, I have just called 119 & she has told me that updates should be sent to GPs this week to include us in category 6, so hopefully if one GP is starting to do it, others may follow ? Thank you so much for the update, will see how things go !! Judith
At my doctors surgery website is bad, with any news update on the on going of the vaccine progress, still only show this

"we are currently vaccinating Priority Group 2 (all those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers)

We hope to have contacted and vaccinated all patients within this cohort by the end of January."
My husband is having the vaccine later this week and I rang my GP today to make sure my medical records say I am his carer. They told me the GPs at the practice are making their own lists of patients who will get vaccinated and if you’re not on one of those lists you won’t be sent for, then they basically put the phone down on me. I’m too anxious to ring them back & they don’t have an email address, so I guess I won’t be getting the vaccine until my age group is eligible :(
Astradyne wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:11 pm
My husband is having the vaccine later this week and I rang my GP today to make sure my medical records say I am his carer. They told me the GPs at the practice are making their own lists of patients who will get vaccinated and if you’re not on one of those lists you won’t be sent for, then they basically put the phone down on me. I’m too anxious to ring them back & they don’t have an email address, so I guess I won’t be getting the vaccine until my age group is eligible :(
Hi
Many surgery's operate an e consult service, that allows you to contact them with problems. I rang and spoke to two different people, both told me I couldn't go in group six. Then I put my complaint into the e consult system. It took a week, but they have just sent an email to tell me they have moved me to group six. Seem to get better results with this.
Hope it helps.
I always use e consult as the system is programmed. To give you a by reply date and time.
153 posts