[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK info on vaccine - Page 4 - Carers UK Forum

Carers UK info on vaccine

Guidance on coronavirus and a place to share concerns and support
153 posts
On there doctors website don't call for a vaccine we will get in contact, just very reluctant to call seeing that on the website, don't want to get in trouble or as they say rock the boat.
royd wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:44 pm
On there doctors website don't call for a vaccine we will get in contact, just very reluctant to call seeing that on the website, don't want to get in trouble or as they say rock the boat.

I know how you feel. I am rocking the boat and it is pretty stressful, but we need to do it.
Carer's are entitled to go in group 6.
If the GPs refuse to do this we must keep rocking
Thanks to everyone who has given help and advice.
I've just found another good article about vaccines for carers. I've clearly got too much time on my hands! Actually I surf the web while my dad has a nap before the next round of meds and getting ready for bed.
Dr Charlotte Paddison The Nuffield Trust
Blog dated 16th Feb
Vaccinating Unpaid Carers
Carol_21011 wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:02 pm
I've just found another good article about vaccines for carers. I've clearly got too much time on my hands! Actually I surf the web while my dad has a nap before the next round of meds and getting ready for bed.
Dr Charlotte Paddison The Nuffield Trust
Blog dated 16th Feb
Vaccinating Unpaid Carers
Thanks Carol.
I'll have a look and send a copy to my surgery.
I guess I am making myself very unpopular with them, but if the end result is most carers get vaccinated in group six it's worth it.
😊Thanks Carol

Read the whole article which should interest every carer.

https://www.nuffieldtrust.org.uk/news-i ... clear-plan

The role of unpaid carers has been more vital than ever during the pandemic, but there has been variation so far in how they have been receiving the Covid-19 jab. With more details set to emerge on how carers will be identified and contacted for their vaccines, Charlotte Paddison argues the case for a clear plan.

Rightly, unpaid carers have been included in the Covid-19 vaccination programme priority groups list, but until now there has been no clear plan for identifying carers, with wide variation in how this is happening in different places.

GP practices in some areas have been vaccinating people based on lists from local carers’ groups, while other practices have sent letters to anyone who might be a carer based on practice records of people with a disability. In some vaccination centres, if a carer has accompanied a high-priority patient (such as an adult over 80) for their vaccine, they might be offered one too, yet elsewhere vaccinations for carers may not even have started.

Thankfully NHS England have this week written to practices and primary care networks asking them to vaccinate unpaid carers, and are set to publish their Standing Operating Procedure with further details. What is in it will be vital, as without a clear plan for how the vaccination programme will identify unpaid carers, many could miss out.

Unpaid carers must also join the vaccination campaign success
While good progress is now being made vaccinating the 1.5 million paid carers working in social care, it’s important that unpaid carers – of which there are nine times as many – are not forgotten.

It is reassuring that welcome steps are now being taken on this. But without a concrete and actionable plan, many unpaid carers could fall through the gap – missing out on vaccinations that are an essential part of the government’s strategy for protecting the health and social care workforce during the pandemic, and putting vulnerable adults and children who depend on their care at risk.
I think my name is mud at my GP surgery because I pestered them for 6 weeks to get a vaccine for my housebound dad!
When I was given a vaccine appointment on Monday I think they might have recognised the name and thought here comes trouble so just give her what she wants and she will shut up and leave us alone!
I am due to have my vaccine tomorrow. I'm not going to answer my phone or look at any text messages between now and then in case they try to cancel!
Carol_21011 wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:29 pm
I think my name is mud at my GP surgery because I pestered them for 6 weeks to get a vaccine for my housebound dad!
When I was given a vaccine appointment on Monday I think they might have recognised the name and thought here comes trouble so just give her what she wants and she will shut up and leave us alone!
I am due to have my vaccine tomorrow. I'm not going to answer my phone or look at any text messages between now and then in case they try to cancel!

Very best of luck.
Hope it all goes well.
I think they may buy a doll that looks like me and stick pins in it!
I had my vaccine this morning thanks to NHS C1124. The best outcome of doing all the research into this was that my best friend who is a carer in a different part of the country also had her jab today. She booked with NHS 119 yesterday citing C1124.
Please give it a go. Good luck!
P.S. We are both 53 so 119 can book you in regardless of age if you are a carer.
153 posts