[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK info on vaccine - Page 3 - Carers UK Forum

Carers UK info on vaccine

Guidance on coronavirus and a place to share concerns and support
153 posts
My mum and dad in their seventy's have both had their jabs, i have chronic long term health issues and i am an unpaid carer and have heard absolutely nothing.

It is done on age but I know a lot of old people in very good health and younger people in very bad health but they have to wait months.

The whole system seems wrong to me, of course the elderly have to be protected, but so do the young and ill health.
there are several things I don't like about the vaccine are: when people go on about the vaccine, there is changing of information all the time and you don't know what to believe. The lack of trust over weather the vaccine is safe or can affect treatment you are on or have had as no one will say.
The lack of support in aftercare if it goes wrong.
Hi Michael and Londonbound
I agree with the content of both of your messages.
I feel let down by my Dr's I have to say! I feel unsupported by them. This is disgraceful when I have 2 men to care for with very little, an most of the time no support.
E consult is not working! I have tried to get into this site 4 times and I have double checked my information. It states that when we get in we click on a tile that states e-consult but there isn't a tile which states this!
I do most things on the computer and have better skills than most so goodness help those who don't have these skills.
Good morning all..I care for my Mum, and at the moment unpaid to care for my Dad. They have both had their first vaccinations but my Dad is finding it hard to believe I'm not entitled to it..I know if I fell ill they would be lost, esp my Mum who relies on me massively. My friend suggested booking for the vaccine via NHS website and taking a bank statement plus carers allowance letter as proof..has anyone else done this?
Hi Diana.
I have just found this letter on the web.
It should help you to finally get an appointment.
NHS instructions to PCN led local vaccination sites inc GPs C1124

Published 13th February 2021

This states that unpaid carers can be offered vaccine from 15th February.

I only find things like this because when I am up at various times during the night giving care to my 84 year old housebound dad, I surf the web to help me try to get back to sleep!
Carol_21011 wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:52 am
Hi Diana.

I only find things like this because when I am up at various times during the night giving care to my 84 year old housebound dad, I surf the web to help me try to get back to sleep!

Hi Diane and Carol
I have been thinking about booking through NHS too but I don’t want to get into trouble over it. Carol do you have a link to the letter you mentioned. I can’t see it anywhere.
Thank you
Hi Karen.
I can't seem to download a link but if you type NHS C1124 it takes you to the pdf. I rang my GP this morning quoting this and they said they were beginning to book unpaid carers. I now have to wait for the person in charge of vaccines to 'code me' (?) and then I can get an appointment.
NHS 119 were still saying this morning that they have no way of knowing who are the unpaid carers they should be inviting.
Carol_21011 wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:52 am
Hi Diana.

Think in Suffolk they have started already, I got my text on Saturday and was able to book an appointment for yesterday.

From what I could hear from other cubicles, it seemed quite a few people booked in were Carerd.

So fingers crossed for everyone else waiting to be contacted.
Just tried to book a vaccine on the NHS website i am a unpaid carer, said it was only doing 65 year up at moment, said it will be doing unpaid carers at a later date.
I had updated my doctors records using web option, back in december about my carer states, so still need to wait.
No, don't wait.
Point the doctor in the direction of NHS Protocol C1124, page 6, towards the bottom of the page!
153 posts