[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK info on vaccine - Page 14 - Carers UK Forum

Carers UK info on vaccine

Guidance on coronavirus and a place to share concerns and support
153 posts
Melly1 wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:32 am
Susan_210212345678910111213141516 wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:27 pm
Has there been a online form regarding the carers vaccine as promised by the government? Not seen it yet ?
Hi Melly yes ive read it ?Looks like i will just have to wait my turn unless the government provides the form online for carers ??
Susan,
I posted the info because you wrote:

Susan_210212345678910111213141516 :
Hi i live in wales

I asked about the vaccine im 57 ,i asked if id get it earlier as im a carer she said it doesn't work like that it depends on if i tick certain questions ? Regarding my mums care ??im confused

The info is specific to Wales. It explains they are prioritising which unpaid carers are having the vaccine first and how they are doing this. I thought this might help clear up your confusion re the questions on the form.

Melly1
Quick update from me re my status as an unpaid carer not receiving CA.

Having chased many folks for an update, including MP, CCG and local health watch team as well as Council (and not forgetting GP too), I have been assured by most that I can book online without an invite and they should not turn me away at the vaccination center. I will find out in due course on Sat when I turn up for my first jab.

So long as you are registered with GP as a carer, if you get nowhere with GP surgery arranging an invite nor receive one from NHS England (as suggested by surgery), and your local vaccination center has moved onto cohort 7 etc, then I would suggest eligible carers book online regardless. Obliviously not official advice but I cannot see centers turning away cohort 6 candidates at this stage.
Tomorrow morning is my vaccine day, will be taking my NHS letter hope all goes well.
Another unpaid carer here unable to get the vaccine. So confusing that the NHS website here https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavir ... -vaccine/ says this paste below but you can't use the online system or 119 to book in at the vaccination centres as they consider unpaid carers ineligible to use the systems. They say wait for your GP to make contact. Our GP has no doses due to come in for weeks and haven't even done their over 60's while the online system has now opened up to 55 and over so group 6 at the GPs are falling further and further behind all the time:

"Carers

You can get the COVID-19 vaccine if you are a main carer of someone at high risk from coronavirus and either:

- you get Carer's Allowance – find out more about Carer's Allowance on GOV.UK
- it says you are a carer in your GP record

You can book appointments at a larger vaccination centre or pharmacy now, or wait to be invited to go to a local NHS service."
Looks like this is the latest position. Very useful process chat on page 14 that makes clear that unpaid carers flagged on GP records will get their invites for the vaccine from their Primary Care Networks while unpaid carers flagged with the DWP, their LA or being supported by local carers associations will be able to book on the NBS. : https://www.england.nhs.uk/coronavirus/ ... hort-6.pdf
Hello all,

Hope it's OK to post here.

I care for my dad daily. But my mum is his main carer registered as such with the GP and has had her vaccine.

This of course doesn't stop me worrying what if I gave Covid to my father, as he's very weak and even a mild case could be very damaging.

My GP wouldn't let me register as his carer because mum is registered and in their words you can only register as a carer if the person couldn't cope without your support, and apparently he could cope as he has mum. (let's ignore the fact he needs 24/h care so what is mum meant to do if she wants to go to a hospital appointment of her own etc, as he can't be left alone.)

I'm in my 30s, so still a long wait ahead, and children now back at school so there's much more of a risk of Covid entering out household again.
Hi Caring Daughter, look on Page 5 & 6 of this document for examples of what is considered an unpaid carer - there is a specific incidence of two carers sharing 24 hr care which advised to list them both as the primary carer. The example given is siblings but the case is very similar to yours and it specifically says it is not limited to the examples given in the document. I feel for you in the stress of waiting and March has been a slower vaccination month so far. The good news though is that supplies have significantly increased and the current roll out is likely to finish sooner than they thought for all adults. Fingers crossed you can use the attached document to ensure your GP updates your records accordingly to get you done in Group 6. Good luck : https://www.england.nhs.uk/coronavirus/ ... hort-6.pdf

"Examples
An unpaid carer requiring a vaccination therefore can be, but is not limited to:
2 COVID-19 Green Book chapter 14a (publishing.service.gov.uk)
Classification: Official
6 | 3. COVID-19 vaccine deployment programme: unpaid carers (JCVI priority cohort 6)
• Someone who cares for a person who is within JCVI priority cohorts 1-6,
provides close personal care or is the sole or primary carer.
• An adult family member or friend providing daily face-to-face care to a person
who, because of their advanced age, requires support but is still living in their
own home.
• A person caring for an adult with Down’s Syndrome.
• A parent/foster parent caring for a young person who is receiving Personal
Independence Payments (PIP) because of a severe neuro-disability.
• Any adult providing supplementary unpaid care to an older person who is selffunding their own care package, for example through a domiciliary care
agency.
• Two siblings who equally share and provide 24-hour care to an older person
with dementia in addition to their own family and work commitments. If either
sibling was to fall ill, the other would not be able to ensure the safety and
wellbeing" Both siblings would be considered the primary
carer.
I think it's very important in these dire times to post something positive.

Mums GP phoned to ask how we were getting along and I asked about the jab, she told me we'd both get it at the same time. February 16th two lovely nurses turned up unannounced and we both received the vaccine at the same time, I'm only 43..

I've cared for my Mum for over 5 years, but it's nice to know sometimes the system does work.. It helps that I live in a small town..

I don't mean to gloat, but for every bad story there is also a good one..
Sounds like you have had a great experience. If only it was like that for everyone.
Sandra,

Always good to hear good stories, too.

Melly1
153 posts