[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK info on vaccine - Page 16 -Carers UK Forum

Carers UK info on vaccine

Guidance on coronavirus and a place to share concerns and support
153 posts
Hi people i am new to this forum so please forgive me if i am posting in the wrong area, I am a full time carer for my dad who is 75 years old in a few weeks... now he has had the letter for the covid 19 however because he needs to go to a centre that has toilets in the nearest one is some miles away and there is no way he could make the distance in a taxi without a toilet break, i have contacted both his doctors and his social worker they are understanding but at the moment they agree there is no option for my dad right now. Has anyone else come across this issue and if they have did they find a way to solve it please??

Sorry if it sounded if i was ranting or going on a bit.

Martin.
Hi Martin,

and welcome. I suggest you ask for a home visit for him to have his vaccination or wait until a more local centre opens. In our area, they are doing them at a local surgeries, chemists as well as at the bigger hubs.

Melly1
Hi Martin, I had a similar challenge getting the vaccine for my parents when they were unable to travel readily. There were two solutions for us and hopefully there is something similar in your area. One was that the District Nurses in their area were doing volunteer weekend home visits with the AZ vaccination and the other was to use a Community Transport Volunteer service that had lifting equipment on board to get them to the vaccination centre and bring them home again. The latter operated on a donation basis. I do hope there is a local solution that works for you too. Good luck.
153 posts