All Wales Carers Assembly 2016 - an insight
On Friday 18th November, Carers from across Wales came to the National Assembly to take part in the second annual All Wales Carers Assembly event, organised by Carers Wales to mark Carers Rights Day 2016. The event gave carers the length and breadth of Wales the opportunity to debate issues important to them.
From the State of caring survey we know that:
- 92% of carers said they felt more stressed because of their caring role
- 61% of carers have experienced depression
- 75% of carers said that they were not prepared for all aspects of the role
- 81% of carers said that they are not aware of the support available
- 45% of carers had to give up their jobs in order to care
- 52% of carers have experienced difficulty in their relationship with their partner
- 61% of carers said they find it difficult to maintain friendships and a social life
This was an opportunity for carers to have their say about the issues that matter most to them.
A full report of the day will follow in due course. Please enjoy this brief glimpse kindly produced for us by Deryn.