About Carers Wales
We're here to make life better for carers.
Working as part of Carers UK:
- we give expert advice, information and support
- we connect carers so no-one has to care alone
- we campaign together for lasting change
- we innovate to find new ways to reach and support carers.
- We're here to help carers and professionals, with expert advice on issues such as carers' benefits, community care and services for carers
- Looking after someone can be complicated. Our leaflets, booklets and newsletters give you accurate and up-to-date information so you know exactly where you stand
- We offer carers the chance to meet with other carers, share experiences and talk about caring with people who really understand
- We help carers' groups to develop good local support so no-one has to care alone
Policy and campaigning
- Grounded in research and what carers tell us, we influence policy through our work with the National Assembly for Wales and through our work with local government Social Services Departments and the 22 Local Health Boards
- We help carers make their own voices heard where it counts
We provide training for carers and for people working in health and care services. Our courses include topics such as carer awareness, telehealth and the impact of legislation. They're designed to help professionals provide the best support for carers and to help carers develop knowledge, skills and resilience.