This is a time of major changes: the fundamental restructuring of the NHS and the launch of GP commissioning, the introduction of the Universal Credit and replacement of Disability Living Allowance, as well as the recent refresh of the National Carers Strategy and Commission on the Funding of Care and Support reporting in 2011.
This changing landscape means there has never been a more important time to:
- know what health reform means for carers
- be kept up to date with welfare reform and
- get the latest news on the Government's plans for social care.
In a busy job it can be hard to keep up with the latest changes affecting carers. Carers UK Affiliate Membership will put you at the forefront of the carers’ agenda.
With timely information, useful commentary and valuable insight, Carers UK Affiliate Membership will prove an important tool on carer related issues.
Don’t miss out! Join the fastest growing network of professionals working with carers!
As an Affiliate Member of Carers UK you will get:
- Free copy of Carers and their Rights by leading lawyer Prof Luke Clements. The definitive legal guide essential in developing practices and policies relating to carers.
- Policy Plus, the quarterly digest of key policy changes, government consultations, and the latest research. All with expert comment by Carers UK.
- Our email news service, which will ensure you are the first to know about significant changes affecting carers.
- Briefings that get to the core of new policy and legislation.
- Free subscription to our lively magazine for carers, Caring, with information, practical tips and the latest on how Carers UK is making a difference.
- Priority invitations to events that put you at the heart of debate on carers with the chance to meet key policy makers.
- The opportunity to share best practice with 450 Carers UK Affiliate Members.
- A voucher giving you 10% off Carers UK conferences and training.
- Logo to demonstrate your organisation’s affiliation to Carers UK.
- Your organisation’s details on Carers UK website, which accommodates a comprehensive directory of help for carers in the UK.