Looking after someone 2017
The Carers NI edition of 'Looking after someone: Information and support for carers' is our guide for anyone caring for family or friends. The guide outlines your rights as a carer and gives an overview of the practical and financial support available.
‘Looking after someone’ is divided into the following sections: getting help and support, your finances and your work.
This edition includes A Carer’s Guide, an illustrated introduction to the challenges of caring, from making difficult decisions to looking after your health and wellbeing.
The guide covers:
- Benefits: an overview of which benefits you or the person you can for may be entitled to and information about how to get a benefits check.
- Other financial help: including help with council tax, fuel costs, pensions and health costs.
- Practical help: including community care assessment, carer's assessment and direct payments.
- Technology: information about health and care technology that could make life easier for you and the person you care for.
- Your workplace: your rights at work, from flexible working and parental leave to protection from discrimination.
- Other help: how to find other help nationally and in your local community.
- A Carers Guide: an illustrated introduction to the challenges of caring, from making difficult decisions to looking after your health and wellbeing.
Get the guide
Download Carers NI Looking after someone for free.
Click the thumbnail below to view Looking after someone online.
Carers can get a free printed copy of Carers NI Looking after someone by contacting the Carers NI office.
Printed copies can also be ordered in the Carers UK online shop:
- Order 1 copy of the Looking after someone »
- Order a pack of 100 copies of the Looking after someone »