About Carers NI
We're here to make life better for carers.
Working as part of Carers UK:
- we give expert advice, information and support
- we connect carers so no-one has to care alone
- we campaign together for lasting change
- we innovate to find new ways to reach and support carers
- We operate an advice and information service for carers and professionals, dealing with a range of issues such as carers' benefits, community care and services for carers
- We provide a wide range of leaflets and booklets and a regular newsletter for carers, members and professionals
- We offer carers the chance to meet with other carers through our network of local groups, to share experiences and reduce the feeling of isolation.
- We help new and existing carers' groups
- We raise awareness of the role of carers and inform Government and policy makers of their needs
- We help carers make their own voices heard where it counts
- We provide training to workers in the voluntary and statutory sector on carers' issues and carers assessments
- We provide training on The Carers and Direct Payments Act (Northern Ireland) 2002, in partnership with Health and Social Services Trusts
- We provide carer involvement, assertiveness and media training to help carers develop a strong voice