The fund provides financial support, on a discretionary basis, to people with severe disabilities to enable them to remain in their homes rather than move to residential care.The Department wants to hear from ILF users, their carers, families, local authorities and other interested parties in the wider care and support system from all across the UK.
Consultation proposals in Northern Ireland
The consultation suggests the closure of the ILF in 2015 and calls for comment on a number of issues including:
- moving the responsibility for the support of current ILF recipients over to the mainstream health and social care system operated by the Department of Health, Social Services and Public Safety
- the challenges that ILF recipients would face in this change of responsibility and how these challenges can be mitigated against
- the impact the closure of the ILF would have on the health and social care sector in NI;
- how ILF recipients can best be supported if the decision is taken to close the fund in 2015
You can find out more about the Independent Living Fund at the page below:
If you, or someone you know, will be affected by the proposals contained within this consultation, you are urged to make your views known.
Feed into our response
If you'd like to feed into Carers Northern Ireland's response please send your comment and suggestions to John McCormick, Campaigns and Communication Officer on 028 9043 9843 or email email@example.com
How to have your say
The consultation document can be downloaded from ILF consultation – Department of Work and Pensions website
You can send you responses to:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- post: ILF Consultation Team
London SW1A 9NA
The consultation closes on 10 October 2012.