As a Insight Volunteer you'll share your caring experiences and insights to help us look into new areas of research and develop or evaluate key services and products.
What you will get out of it?
Information is important, but experience is crucial. You'll be at the forefront of our service, product, policy and technology research, ensuring we can connect with more carers and make their lives easier.
You'll also be joining our flagship Carers UK volunteering programme and we'll support you all the way.
- You will offer the benefit of your experience as a carer to be a 'critical friend' to Carers UK. You'll look at documents, resources, and new ideas about developing support.
- You'll take part in research opportunities, such as completing questionnaires, telephone or face-to-face interviews, or group discussions.
- Providing your responses within a set timeframe and staying in touch via the Volunteer Hub where you'll report back to us about your volunteering activity.
The skills you need
- experience of caring
- the confidence to express your opinions
- an interest in helping us develop our services, products and policies
- a passion for improving support for carers
- access to a telephone and access to a computer
How we will support you
As well as your handy Volunteer Handbook, you'll be signed up to our fantastic online Volunteer Hub, where you can report back to us and keep up to date with all the latest volunteering news.
The Hub is also where you can connect with your fellow volunteers and contact the Volunteering Team who will be on hand to provide you with support and guidance.
This is a flexible role. Some projects may take a matter of minutes, others may require longer commitments. You can choose which projects you'd like to get involved with.
How to apply
To find out more download the role description. To sign up for the role, click the button below.
We will be in touch within seven working days to discuss your application. All volunteers must be over 18 years old.