Local Awareness Volunteer
A Local Awareness Volunteer helps Carers UK connect with carers and promote awareness of caring by distributing publicity material – such as leaflets and posters – within local communities.
What you will get out of it
It’s a great opportunity to meet new people, spread the word and have the satisfaction of making a real difference to carers’ lives in the area where you live. You’ll also be part of Carers UK’s flagship volunteering programme and we’ll be supporting you all the way.
- You'll make contact with community hubs and arrange to put up posters or leave information leaflets. Your local supermarket, library, GP surgery, faith group or gym would be a great starting point! We'll give you more tips on how to get started in your Volunteering Pack.
- You'll identify smaller local charities that support people with long term conditions and supply them with Carers UK publicity materials.
- We also require you to keep us informed about what you've been up to, feed your achievements back to us and let us know where you've been distributing materials.
The skills you need
- a friendly personality
- great communications skills
- the ability to get on well with new people of all ages and backgrounds
- a passion for improving support for carers
- good organisational skills and access to a computer
- the confidence to use your initiative
How we will support you
We'll give you all the tools you need to get started - your Volunteering Pack will include a Volunteer Handbook plus tips and guidelines on getting out there for the first time. We'll also deliver the publicity materials directly to you, as well as cover your travel expenses.
This role is very flexible. Our only requirement is that you can offer a minimum of two hours volunteering a month.
How to apply
To find out more download the role description. To sign up for the role, click the button below.
We will be in touch within seven working days to discuss your application. All volunteers must be over 18 years old.