Carers Rights Guide – looking after someone
The Carers Rights Guide is here to outline your rights as a carer, and to give you the full picture of the practical and financial support available.
We produce a version of the guide for each nation:
The guide includes:
- Benefits: an overview of which benefits you or the person you can for may be entitled to and information about how to get a benefits check.
- Other financial help: including help with council tax, fuel costs, pensions and health costs.
- Practical help: including community care assessment, carer's assessment and direct payments.
- Technology: information about health and care technology that could make life easier for you and the person you care for.
- Your workplace: your rights at work, from flexible working and parental leave to protection from discrimination.
- Other help: how to find other help nationally and in your local community.
Get the guide
Download the Carers UK Carers Rights Guide for free.
Click the thumbnail below to view the Carers Rights Guide online.
Carers can get a free printed copy of the Carers UK Carers Rights Guide by contacting the Carers UK Adviceline.
Printed copies can also be ordered in the Carers UK online shop: