Any other young carers out there?

A place for those 18-35 to chat about all things caring.
Hi i am 29 and i care for my son who is autistic and he has a sensory disorder.i have two other kids too and life is very hard and stressful
Hi Shinza,
Welcome to the forum.

Please post a hello on the New to the Forum thread as well, as more folk will see it and respond.

I care for S, he is now 25 (where did time go ?!) he has autism and sensory processing disorder too. He wears special earplugs when out and about. He has a weighted blanket on his bed and blackout blinds as he finds the dark helps him de-stress.

How old are your children? Do you receive any support/ use any schemes, clubs etc?

Melly1
Sidra_1705 wrote:Hi.. I'm also a young carers just joined today.. I'm 27 I care for my mum.. have been caring for about 4 years now.. left so much behind to help my mum get back in her feet...ive read so many post and just want to say that everyone sounds so lovely here.. I'm really glad I joined.. thank you all
Hey to all the young carers. Just Googled advice for how to deal with caring and making sure there is a life for me. Which I struggle to do. After seeing Sidras post especially, I can relate. I am 27 and also looking after my mum. I have been caring for her since I was 19years old. She has lupus but in the past I cared for her part time since she was able to go back to work and I continued my studies and work. But recently the lupus has been aggressive and I've stopped everything to be by her side, whilst I watch all my friends fulfill their lives. This is our journey to care I understand.

But my God it's hard. I don't have family sadly for support. So just me, mum and dad. And just glad there's a community where we can all share our stories and not feel so alone.