NHS CHC pay rates

Share your ideas about the practical side of caring.
I hope someone can help, our CHC team have just announced to us that the rate we can pay under direct payments is a net figure not gross. IE they are telling us we can pay £8.50 an hour but this figure is after any NI and tax payments in other words we have to give a gross rate that is dependent on how much tax and NI they the PA has to pay. This is amazing It means a different rate for all our people. I think they must be wrong has anyone come across this?

Thanks
Hi Tony,

sorry I don't have any experience so probably am not the best person to answer, but I seem to recall reading recently that anyone employing care workers must now be responsible for their NI and tax (effectively as an "employer".)

So I suggest that you contact the Carers UK Adviceline team as they are the experts on all matters related to caring and benefits.
Need expert advice? You can talk to the Carers UK Adviceline five days a week, no matter where you are in the UK or how complex your query is. We do benefits checks and advise on financial and practical matters related to caring.

0808 808 7777
advice@carersuk.org
Open Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm

The Carers UK Adviceline also includes a listening service, there for you to talk through your caring situation with a trained volunteer who understands what you are going through. Available Mondays and Tuesdays, from 9am to 7pm.
If you can’t get through on the phones (lines are often oversubscribed) then send them an email, they’ll usually get back to you within 3-5 working days.