Name labels

Share your ideas about the practical side of caring.
Ok, update on respite situation- I've just booked Dad into residential respite for when I will be away, so on to practical things. I need to put his name in his clothes and on his belongings. Can anyone advise how best to go about this? I dare say the world has moved on since I remember my mum sewing embroidered name labels onto my school uniform :lol:
Ask the nursing home if they can do the labels. I spent ages sewing some onto mum's clothing, but then found out the home had some wonderful labels which resisted all attempts to remove them. I'm still trying to remove some on some T shirts 2 years after mum died! We were more or less the same size, these are virtually new, so it seemed a shamed to bin them...but my name isn't Elizabeth Thomas!!!
I now use the iron on labels. So far they are still stuck! A company called Woven Labels, very cheap, and they are usually delivered the next day.
I got Mum's from Woven Labels too but used their Rivit name tags to fix them to the garments, saved all that faffing about sewing them on !

https://www.wovenlabelsuk.com/school-la ... 7Qod3BMLqg
Thats an awful lot of sewing for ashort time. Dont send anythjng that would be dearly missed, other then that use Sharpie pens!
I use them to mark our sheets on the corners with the different sizes
Hi Henrietta,
I agree with Mrs A, send older stuff and write his name in permanent marker pen wherever possible. I use tags like Susie with the plastic rivets for S's stuff (clothing he wears to college,) as I don't like sewing and don't iron unless I really have to.

Melly1
The permanent marker isn't always permanent! The iron on labels aren't too much like ironing! However I will try the rivet ones next time I need to order. Are they ok in the tumble drier?
Pet66 wrote:The permanent marker isn't always permanent! The iron on labels aren't too much like ironing! However I will try the rivet ones next time I need to order. Are they ok in the tumble drier?
I think they are Pet - I'm sure Mum's care home used tumble driers and I can't remember having a problem with them coming off (they are quite stiff to attach in the first place !).
Thanks everyone- I will order some from Woven labels and some rivots and a marker pen.
Sewing and ironing are definitely best avoided!
Many thanks
Changed my mind and have ordered iron on ones- one less thing for Dad to moan about- plastic rivots.