How to find part-time assistant

Share your ideas about the practical side of caring.
Hi, I have you tried PA pool?

Melly1
Hi there, You may use some more classified websites to post your job so that you can get the best response.

commercial link in signature removed by moderator
You can post the job in the job centre also. For those looking for a job in care. Don't dismiss this as some of the best 'natural' and able carers are looking for work at any one time:)
bowlingbun wrote:Thanks for the information.

Having supported four elderly parents with a variety of health issues, and with an adult son who has severe learning difficulties, I know only too well that many "carers" are not worthy of the title!

In view of your mum's very high health needs, I think you should be advertising for a female nurse with formal nursing qualifications, due to mum's health issues.

Perhaps if you took your rest during school hours, there might be a qualified nurse with young children who would love the chance to earn extra money?
14 August 2017
Thanks, bowlingbun for your kindness in making suggestions.
I am an advanced practice nurse, and former uni nurse educator, so I am very comfortable with training the carers. B) Finding a nurse professional doing this as a career is even more of dicey proposition, simply because they require much higher compensation. I would too.
all the Best! :)
Yes, that's the dilemma everyone is in. They want the best possible care for the lowest possible price, rightly so, I'm not criticising that.
However IF there is a qualified nurse in the area who cannot work a full shift, but has SOME free hours, this might be a very attractive proposition.