Carers allounce advice

Share your ideas about the practical side of caring.
Hi all new to this site today :D just looling for any advise please my partner gets pip higher rate we have joint claim in esa in my partners name an i claim carers allounce for him if i was to work will it affect my carers allounce an esa it would be less than 50.00 per week as only would do couple of hours just not sure if esa would be affected or would it just be my carers allounce that gets lowered or stopped thanks in advance julie
Hello Julie

I suggest that you contact the Carers UK Adviceline team as they are the experts on all matters related to caring and benefits.
Need expert advice? You can talk to the Carers UK Adviceline five days a week, no matter where you are in the UK or how complex your query is. We do benefits checks and advise on financial and practical matters related to caring.

0808 808 7777
advice@carersuk.org
Open Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm

The Carers UK Adviceline also includes a listening service, there for you to talk through your caring situation with a trained volunteer who understands what you are going through. Available Mondays and Tuesdays, from 9am to 7pm.
If you can’t get through on the phones (lines are often oversubscribed) then send them an email, they’ll usually get back to you within 3-5 working days.

Also have a read of the Carers UK fact sheet on Carers Allowance here:

http://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice ... -allowance
Thank you i will do that thanks for replying :D